Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎01-03-2013 07:24 PM

Yes.

What Daniel says in point 2 above is a MAJOR issue for a number of our clients.

They want the reports. If we remove the cleared activities, we get no reports. Smiley Sad

Daniels solution makes sense.

+1

by
on ‎01-09-2013 05:40 PM

What about a administrator only controlled setting, 'Remove Cleared Activities After X Months' that is set by default to 36 months. If an administrator then changes it from the default a warning message displays that cautions against retaining too many cleared activities. In that way we educate the customers as well. To some extent the problem becomes their problem not an ACT! software problem per se.   

by Nickel Super Contributor daniel_graves
on ‎01-09-2013 07:45 PM

Thanks Gleo, but that only resolves the 1st of 3 problems.  I prefer to mask this ACT design weakness/flaw so that is nobody's problem any longer.  I would love to fix it at the SQL schema level, but i realize that's impractical.  I think the above tweak is the easiest solution to cover all 3 problems.

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎01-22-2013 01:35 AM

Removing cleared activities is fine, but until we have a History List View  and a "History Calendar, it removes the basic functionality to look at a calendar to see what we were doing this time last year or whatever, which is really important.

So I agree with Daniel's proposal:

All Histories, including manually created Histories, will be displayed on the Calendars and Tasklist in the familiar “strikethrough”  format.  Instantly, you now have a printable History Report in Calendar/Tasklist format

I suggest Histoty items on the calendar are displayed in a different colour to distinguish them from Activity items.

by
on ‎02-11-2013 11:30 AM

Pretend in Sage ACT! 2014 we get a new history list view. 

Does that combined with gleo's suggestion provide a solution?

I'm concerned that your proposed solution is a complicated implementation that may confuse existing deployments that rely on current behavior. 

on ‎02-11-2013 03:09 PM

Just pretending... what would a new History list view show? 

And how will that fix issue #2 listed in Daniel's post at the top?

by
on ‎02-12-2013 06:55 AM

This is not a commitment to deliver this feature in this way, but here is an idea of what a History list could look like. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnP9dys-30&feature=youtu.be

I know it doesn't solve problem 1 or 3, but I believe this does solve problem 2.

Throw in gleo's suggestion of automatically removing cleared activities and I think that is a low impact change that solves the biggest problems. 

on ‎02-12-2013 06:25 PM

That would fix much of issue #2, but not the reports.

either we (ACC's & clients) rewrite each report as required... lots of duplication of effort with varying success I'm sure. Or, would Sage provide some new reports?

If the suggestion of auto removing cleared activites after x time is implemented (i'm in favor) then reports don't work. 

Looking good, just looking for further clarity...

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎02-26-2013 08:07 AM

Just pretending, but if ACT! produced some half-decent, filterable-in-all-the-usual-ways, History Dashboards to go with the just pretending History List View you would have a reporting capability that would satisfy the needs of many users without having to invoke the black arts in order to produce standard ACT! History Reports.

by Nickel Super Contributor daniel_graves
on ‎02-26-2013 08:42 AM

An implied reason for this suggestion is to address the ACT vulnerabiliy of Activites.

Over 60% of the database we submit for corruption are due to Activities problems.

Removing Cleared Activities is a proven way to avert Activities corruption.

This suggestion was designed to both give us some needed reports and reduce the chance of database corruption.

Labels