Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Nickel Contributor gcavin
on ‎07-04-2009 04:18 AM

Hi Jeff,

We have an add-on called LayoutSwitch which resolves part of the issues mentioned here, namely the last one.

Gilles

http://www.exponenciel.com 

by David Brown
on ‎01-21-2010 11:03 PM

I have an add-on that will admirably serve your needs.

It is called MultiLayout. MultiLayout allows you to assign layouts according to the contents of any field that you select. The criteria for selection of the layout is also determined by you.

So for instance when you change the contact, and the new contact belongs to a particular company, you get a layout that you have decided should be used for that company. But that is only an example. The choices of filed that is used, and the criteria that the contents of the field need to meet, determine the layout that is displayed.

MultiLayout switches layouts faster than any other layout selector, due totechnology developed specifically for the purpose of speeding up the changeover.

MultiLayout is available through Act!Today at www.ACTtoday.com.au or directly through me, at dbrown@comcen.com.au

A 30 day free trial copy of MultiLayout is available, and purchase can be as little as $A29.00 per unit, depending upon licence numbers required.

Hope we can help!

david Brown

MUVELIN Software

by Copper Contributor WCummins
‎03-06-2010 07:50 AM - edited ‎03-06-2010 07:51 AM
I would love to see this functionality added to ACT as well. I have many customers who have requested this, and I am surprised that Sage hasn't already incorporated it into ACT. I had this feature in Goldmine back in 2005.
Message Edited by WCummins on 03-06-2010 10:51 AM
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎03-07-2010 06:19 AM

A question for David of Muvelin Software:

Jeff Granger's key need was to be able to switch layouts based on:

1. Who logs in,

2. What team(s) they belong to,

3. The value(s) in one or more fields

(Remember, Who logs in and what team they belong to are not in any field on the layout.)

From you description, it sounds like your software addresses need #3, but what about #1 & #2 ?

Exponenciel's layout switcher also addresses need #3, but I'm not sure it addresses #1 & #2.

by
on ‎03-07-2010 10:19 AM
Kevin... didn't Geoff Blood have a similar product also?
Labels