Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Nickel Elite Contributor
on ‎04-21-2011 06:28 AM

This problem should have been resolved years ago. Just had a customer yesterday who was getting tons of "object reference" errors.  Cause?  DPI set to only 125 - not even the maximum she could have chosen!  So count me in the vote, please.   Brenda

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎05-16-2011 04:50 PM

Just listening to another client vent about their frustration with this issue this morning. It would be great to get some info from the powers that be as to what might be done to resolve this painful issue.

by Nickel Elite Contributor
on ‎05-18-2011 06:02 AM

Ben, I totally agree - it is absurd that this has not been addressed already.  Customers look at me like I am crazy when I tell them they cannot take advantage of their large monitors if they want to use ACT!.  More and more of them are looking for another solution that will.  Brenda

on ‎05-18-2011 07:04 PM

I'm wondering if Sage Mobile for ACT! might be the beginning of a HTML5 makeover of ACT!?

It would fix the 96 DPI issue, it would fix the lack of iPad support. Would fix some of the browser issues in APFW.

Just a thought.

Ben.

by mauijames
on ‎05-30-2011 04:54 PM

Yes-- I totally agree. I am evaluating ACT now and will probably not get it because of this issue.

by
on ‎06-29-2011 07:02 AM

Hello Ben,

Please see your Private Messages in this forum.

on ‎07-27-2011 06:37 PM

Another user encounters the dreaded 96 DPI issue:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Drop-Downs-Phone-prefixes-etc/td-p/145240

Part of the problem is that it takes 'secret squirrel' knowledge to know that a missing ellipsis might be caused by the 96 DPI issue, so people spend lots of time and effort trying to fix the wrong thing.

by marker125
on ‎08-23-2011 01:34 PM

Just got ACT 2011 upgrade from 2009 last week because new Windows 7 computer .  Never had an issue before with using larger fonts or greater DPI.  Now am experiencing all kinds of wierd screen issues that I am told are related to Windows 7.  But from reading these posts realize this has been an ongoing issue for years with larger DPI settings!  Can't believe that I have to change the setting for the entire system to accomodate Sage!  Shouldn't there be a setting inside of ACT that doesn't interfere with other programs?  Or better yet, can't it be fixed so we can have our PCs set the way that it works best for us?

by KAHMYACT
on ‎09-30-2011 06:29 AM

The 96 dpi is a major issue. ACT needs to correct it...Act already has more bells and whistles than most people can use.Let's get back to the core design. (I have been using ACT since the days of DOS)...I just experienced the problem with ACT 2010 in Win-7 and two monitors. Never realized how great using 2 monitors can be until this past month when I hooked a spare flat screen HD as a 2nd monitor. However, rather disappointed that ACT is the only program I have problems with. 

by plw
on ‎10-04-2011 02:07 PM

Having recently upgraded from an ancient version of ACT to ACT 2011 on my new Windows 7 computer, I am running into the 96 dpi issue also.  Soooo disappointing!  And I thought I was getting all modern.  I cannot possibly function at 96 dpi without getting a huge headache.  Thus, I guess I will be making do with whatever shortcomings exist at "medium fonts" and grumble a lot.  I don't have this problem with any of my other new software.  Sage -- Please fix it!

Labels