Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Nickel Super Contributor dixon7
on ‎08-05-2010 07:49 AM

This should have been fixed years ago.  It is a glaring oversight, especially given the number of large monitors that are in the workplace and that most every major software works with 120DPI.  Brenda

by pbuchtmann
on ‎08-05-2010 02:30 PM

Since the introduction of version 7 this has become a bigger and bigger issue. Many new laptop users change the DPI because they are having problems with the larger and larger resolution manufacturers are choosing to use.

While there are some workarounds for this Ben is correct and this is not a solution as the software should be able to support options commonly available via the OS 

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎08-05-2010 06:10 PM

Brenda, agreed, even if all it did in the short term was to work with 120DPI that would be a great step forward. But ultimately I can foresee that some will want to set it even higher.

Paul, is there any workaround other than settting the font size back to 96DPI? If there is I'd love to know about it.

ta,
Ben.

on ‎08-05-2010 06:36 PM

Actually, I just had an comment from one person, saying they would like to be able to use *smaller* fonts. So it's not just about wanting to get the fonts larger, it's about allowing the end users to use the font size most appropriate to them.

‎08-05-2010 07:17 PM - edited ‎08-05-2010 07:19 PM

Just had two emails from different customers about this today, to quote:

Kathryn said "...my whole computer is so hard to read. I am not happy as I shouldn’t have to compromise for this program I think that maybe it was the worst investment that I could have made!..."

Cat said in an email to the Director of our company "...in all honesty, we’re no better off. Not because Ben didn’t do a good job. He did – of course – he’s fantastic. But because Keith can’t filter his activities ... which honestly makes using the project management system (durkin) pointless....  ...I’m done..."

These type of comments really really get to me, not because I take it personally, but because ACT! is such a great product, it does so so much for our clients and I'm seeing all my hard work tossed out the window. The bottom line is that if people can't read the information onscreen properly then it's useless.

If you're reading this please add your two cents worth here. Share your pain, your clients pain or even better, share how this can be fixed.

by jay sanjeeviram
on ‎08-15-2010 09:18 PM

I wish this problem would be fixed in Act 2011 since it is gonna use 3.5 .net and 2008 SQL!!!

Development team should find a solution or-else its gonna cost lot of clients !!!

Still wonder why act development  team did not find a solution for this problem atleast after windows 7 released!!

Coz most of the win 7 computers uses 125 and above DPI and other reason is common age group users of Act! is between  35 to 50 years old and now short eye sight problems are very common in the whole world!!!

This needs to be fixed in next version Period.

Regards;

Janard

by rkumar
on ‎08-30-2010 04:16 PM

This 96 DPI issue is very annoying. I would expect all modern applications to support the resolutions offered by the operating system. As has been mentioned, a lot of people have very large monitors and different font sizes, and ACT! should be capable of handling that.

As someone working for an ACT! consulting firm, I have already encountered this issue from several clients in my first 3 months on the job. The suggestion to set the DPI back to 96 does NOT make my clients happy.

by Bronze Super Contributor pauluptime
‎10-05-2010 04:00 PM - edited ‎10-05-2010 04:10 PM

At an 18 user site last week,  ACT! lost in a battle with a key administrator who simply **refused** to give up her preference for 120dpi.  Last words of this user "if ACT! can't run like the rest of those programs on my computer, I don't want it on my computer."

Simply decreasing monitor resolution or increasing monitor size wasn't enough for this user.  We tried it all, but in the end ACT! had to be uninstalled.  Seldom are users this unrelenting, but in her (unfortunate) eyes she runs all kinds of other software ("for years") at this dpi and without issue. 

As busy ACT! consultants we hear this at least 3 times a week, usually also requiring us to remove and reset all their preferences (avg total lost time 20 mins per incident.)   This is an hour a week, unbilled and wasted, but worst it means we can NOT give the customer what they want.  

If this issue is fixed, ACT! will sell more licenses, our customers will be more satisfied and I promise to convert that hour into at least four more cold or satisfaction calls every week.

on ‎04-18-2011 06:07 PM
on ‎04-19-2011 03:58 PM

And another one: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Notes-Field-not-showing-the-entire-note/m-p/124598#M45619

Just trying to collect them here to raise awareness that this issue causes pain. Not just for me. For others too.

Labels