Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by pbuchtmann
on ‎10-04-2011 10:25 PM

Ben I have read all of these comments again and while there appears to be recognition of the problem by Sage nothing has been done over the past 6 years to fix this problem. So how long does it take to investigate? Telling users this is as Paul from Uptime indicates just a waste of time and effort as all it does is get them asking again and again is it fixed.

Hope something comes out of this suggestion although I have lived in hope for many things from this forum over the years

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎10-04-2011 10:37 PM

Hi, my name is Ben, I'm an ACT! Fanatic and proud of it.

It's been 89 days since I've commented in this thread, and I'm not proud of it.

Paul,

I've honestly given up raising it, no response from Sage on a possible time line to resolution of this says something. I'm not sure it says what Sage would like the market place to hear tho. But you know what, as a fanatic, a drinker of the kool-aid, I do truly love using ACT!. It just that this particular old, crusty, gray, furry edge needs some help.

My co-worker is actually on the phone now with a client changing their DPI settings back to 96DPI. Painful.

Would love to hear an update from Sage.

Yours in humor and despair,

Ben.

on ‎10-10-2011 05:43 PM

Sadden to hear this:

We have not received any information on changes to the DPI requirement.

Greg Martin
Sage ACT! Online Community
Sage

Source: http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/History-Notes-Tab-Not-Staying-Up/m-p/160952#M50590

I would love to hear more from Sage (think roadmap) of where this 'feature/flaw' fits and where it's resolution fits into the bigger picture.

on ‎10-10-2011 07:34 PM
by pbuchtmann
on ‎10-10-2011 07:57 PM

Ben as you say this was raised more than 90 days ago now but this has been a problem since 2006 now that I have seen the post about boxes going missing so this is a problem Sage is simply ignoring and maybe hoping we will go away as with many other unresolved issues.

on ‎10-10-2011 08:43 PM

No, it won't go away. Sadly.

I feel there are two possible solutions, either of which I'm happy with:

1. The underlying code is fixed, the desktop product no longer has an issue with the OS being set to somethign other than 96DPI

2. SageACT For Web becomes the default installation choice.

Of course for #2 to occur there will need to be some catchup in terms of features/capabilities for APFW to actually be able to replace the desktop product. Here's hoping. But Paul, you're right, the problem is not going away, it's only getting worse, and we're hearing very little about it from Sage itself. Which is why it's sad that as noted above, Sage Support staff "have not received any information on changes to the DPI requirement". If they haven't heard, then there is scant hope perhaps....

on ‎10-17-2011 06:26 PM
on ‎03-26-2012 04:50 PM

Just read this article: http://m.techcrunch.com/2012/03/21/windows-8-is-retina-ready/

Summary: Microsoft expects bigger monitors, higher DPI settings, and various zoom levels to be in use with Windows 8.

by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎03-27-2012 06:29 AM

Pure conjecture on my part, BenH, but I think Sage is planning to deprecate the current Web client and ultimately move the entire UI to HTML5 or Microsoft's WPF - a case of Open Standards vs. Microsoft-proprietary or at a minimum Microsoft-favored.

on ‎03-27-2012 03:58 PM

Kevin, I'm hoping so Smiley Happy

Labels