Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎04-28-2010 06:11 AM
Using the existing functionality in ACT!, you can create an advanced query to do this, then add that query as a menu item or menu button.
by MrAnalogy
on ‎04-28-2010 06:27 AM

That's cool!   I tried doing that previously (and now tried again) but can't see how you'd do it.

I can create the query (which then gets saved). And I see how to edit hte Menu but all I see to put on it are items from the ToolBar and commands, etc.  Closest I can get is the Commands >..Advanced Query but that just puts the "launch advanced query" on the menu.   None if them is "Choose a Group"

So, how do you do that?

by
on ‎04-28-2010 07:04 AM

The customize option lets you create a single-event command that you can then place on in your menu items or on the toolbar for a particular view. I don't believe you can do one that will give you the option to choose a group, since that is not an existing function in the program (unless you want to display the group list or group detail screen). The idea I was referring to was to create a query for the group of contacts you want (mailing labels, calls today, etc), create a custom command for that query, then add the custom command to your toolbar. If you have a group already established, then it can be a group lookup query; or if you are using dynamic membership criteria for the group, then your advanced query can use the same criteria as your group membership.

Example: You have a Group called "Mailing Labels". You create an advanced query where Group Name=Mailing Labels and save it. You create a custom command from the Tools/Customize/Menus & Toolbars option, then add that command to your toolbar. When you click the button on your toolbar, the query runs and shows you the Group called "Mailing Labels"

This may or may not work for you, but the basic idea here is that an advanced query can be created to lookup contacts or groups. You can then create a custom command that runs that query, then that custom command can be added to your toolbar.

Labels