Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎05-14-2013 01:14 PM

How is this different than scheduled with two different contacts?

by
on ‎05-14-2013 10:00 PM

I think that Jeff wants to schedule a meeting between two contacts, neither of which is an ACT! user i.e. Schedule for is a Contact Record that isn't a My Record.

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎05-15-2013 12:13 AM

Exactly. In the real-life scenario I described there's no ACT! User involved, but you need to schedule meetings between two contacts in the database with one party being the organiser (Schedue FOR) and one the guest (schedule WITH)

In the begining you could only schedule an activity FOR one user WITH one contact.

Currently we can schedule an activity FOR one user WITH multiple contacts.

There's already a much needed suggestion out ther that we should be able to schedule an activity FOR multiple users WITH multiple contacts.

In my example, we need to go one stage further and be able to schedule FOR contacts (i.e. non-users) WITH multiple contacts.

I would envisage the addition of "non-users" to the Users filter in Activities tabs, Task-list and Calendar to show these events.

by
on ‎05-15-2013 10:11 AM

Recording an activity for contacts that don't access the database is an interesting concept however isn't the responsibility of maintaining (meaning rescheduling if required etc) that schedule up to the participents and wouldn't that be a burden on the organiser?

by Silver Elite Contributor
on ‎05-24-2013 08:54 AM

If you are an estate agent (realator) that's what they do.

by jpenney
on ‎05-27-2013 04:35 PM

A Scenario:

A number of companies have large staff counts but do not extend the use of ACT! to all staff members; some, but not all may list their primary staff (SalesReps; etc) in the database and want to be able to schedule an activity with the staff member, non ACT Users and staff not in database for a specific activity that  also links with the client(s) in the database.

In many cases the Sales Manager or another authorised User wants to schedule for another member of staff to manage the client; arrange a meeting or assign some responsibility by sending an internal Invite email to the member while completing the schedule - without sending the invite to the client.

This is an area where optional functionality might be worth considering for assigning those activities from the existing capabilities to avoid duplication of the messages between inactive ACT! Users and Client/Active Users.

Labels