Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by gmartin
on ‎01-07-2013 06:41 AM

While the following steps will not change the options listed in the alarm drop-down list, you can manually change the timeframe for an alarm. 

On the schedule activity window, select an alarm timeframe that most closely matches what is desired and then update it.  For example: if you want an 8 hour alarm - select '1 hour', then update the '1' to '8'.  Click on another field on the window and you will see the alarm field change to '8 hours'.

The same process works for all options (minutes, hours, days, etc.).

by juliansdad
on ‎01-07-2013 12:05 PM

Thanks for the tip, GMartin,

Is there a reasonable chance of Sage adding this capability to ACT! on the 2014 version or am I dreaming?

by
on ‎01-07-2013 12:09 PM

I understand the value here, but I'm not sure there would be widespread use. 

I'd like to focus our attention where the feature would save time for more than 50% of our users. 

This is the right place to get attention and people talking about it. As we see the kudos rise, this will become a higher priority. 

Expect to see every release target some features that have been highly kudo'd on this board. 

Thank you for your feedback!

by phil-a
on ‎02-27-2013 09:41 PM

The current snooze options list is far too limiting, and I'm sure any regular Snooze user would agree. It means the snooze often has to be set short and reset again when it appears.

Some examples:

• it's Friday and you want to call back on Monday - 3 days snooze would be good. Neither 1 day nor 5 days works!
  • And options for Next Monday, Next Tuesday, etc. would be great, because people often say "Could you call me back next DDDday".
  • Tomorrow (meaning after midnight tonight) would be handy...4 hours is too short (as the activities reappear today), and 1 day is too long as it excludes times earlier in the day.

And the current options list is too limiting without good reason. Why NOT offer the ability to set any snooze period (as is allowed for setting an alarm period) ???

If a caller says "call me back at 2pm, I'd like to be able to set a snooze for the exact period required. I know I can set a fixed time for the call, but it's not the way I want to use ACT! as a means to improve my JIT performance.

This addition flexibility would be valuable to ANYBODY who uses the Snooze function regularly!

by juliansdad
on ‎02-27-2013 10:16 PM

I couldn't agree with you more, Phil.

As simple of an upgrade that this is, Sage wasn't interested in making it.  Sage certainly isn't interested in making the change now that it has sold ACT!  Hopefully, the new owners will consider it.

by donaldtanner
on ‎09-24-2013 04:27 PM

Yes!!!!!  I would definitely Love to see the added of option of additional SNOOZE timeframes.  The options listed right now are not convenient and added options would save so much time!

by lambdal
on ‎02-11-2014 02:29 PM

This would help me a lot!  At the least I need the ability to add a couple of entries to the list, such as 8 hours and 12 hours.

Labels