Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎10-27-2013 09:39 PM

Additional note: this is on "new emails" and "email replies".

on ‎10-29-2013 05:47 PM

support wrote:

.... this is not a defect.

If you are unhappy with this way of representation you can submit as a suggestion/feature request form to have these icons displayed in the future versions.

Or

Drop a message in Public forums to have the team respond direct to you on this (I see that you have already posted)

Received the above from a person doing support (She is good BTW - very helpful).

So that Swiftpage support can understand my intent with this post, I'm quoting the above and stating the below:

• Consider this a feature request - YES we want the icons.
  • Yes, would love to discuss this further with the development team or whomever is approriate in order to find a better solution.

Ben.

by Copper Elite Contributor
on ‎10-29-2013 06:27 PM

Hello Ben,

This looks like it works when replying to an email, so to clarify what is missing, it's being able to attach to a contact in the ACT database when writing a new email?

on ‎10-29-2013 07:27 PM

benhamilton wrote:

The workflow is that an Act! user sends an email to the client, the Act! user will attach the email to the clients Accountant's or Solicitor's contact record in Act!, prior to hitting 'send'. This worked in MS Outlook 2010 and prior. It does not work in MS Outlook 2013 as the icons are no longer present. 

It's not if an email attaches. It does. To the person it's being sent to. It's being able to specify WHO ELSE to attach the email to that is the problem.

For example, if I send an email to you (TO:KURT) but I want this email attached to the contact history for ABC ACCOUNTANTS, I can no longer do this easily. We could in with previous version of Act! and Outlook. With Outlook 2013 we cannot. We have lost functionality that is VERY USEFUL.

To achieve the same thing now we need to send it, then go to the sent folder in Outlook, goto the email, then attach it to the contact we want it attached to.

I'm glad it still attached to the TO: person. Not upset there (infact I and everyone else would be if that didn't work), but the functionality to attach to another contact, easily, before we click SEND is what is driving our clients bonkers. One of our clients is doing this upward of 100 times per day (from memory I think I was told 150ish). This loss of functionality is directly costing them quite a lot of time (and therefore money). 

We now have another client that is experiancing the same issue. 

VERY KEEN to hear if this functionality will be restored or, as stated in the original post, if it will be replaced with a better (read quicker than previously) way of attaching to other contacts other than just the TO recipient.

Ben.

by chromperfect
on ‎11-02-2013 06:18 AM

I found that trying to use Outlook 2013 was so fragmented (as you describe above)  I "downgraded" Outlook 2010.  I found this was the best solution.

My issue was not the extras steps (which were annoying) but some user have barely grasped the functionality of ACT/Outlook 2010,  for our company a completely transparenet relationship between Act and Outlook is the ONLY solution,  they send an email -- it appears in Act...simple as that.  Anything else was just is not going to work.

I would love to upgrade (again) to Office 2013 but I consider the Outlook Act integration a liability as so many emails were not making it into Database.

on ‎11-03-2013 03:03 PM

I've got another client (53 seats) that want to upgrade to v16 because it works with MSO 2013. They are buying new machines for all the staff, the machines have MSO 2013 installed from the vendor, this is the driver for the upgrade to Act!.This client was not aware of this loss of functionality, and it is something that they use. If we have to get MSO 2010 installed instead that adds to the cost. This upgrade is now hanging in the balance Smiley Sad

by Guy Clack
on ‎11-19-2013 03:19 PM

Ben,

Thank you for raising this and documenting the behaviour. This is something we are looking at and we may need more information / feedback from you (and others) as we move forward. The resolution timeframe depends on a number of factors and until we've done further work, we can't commit to a specific date or release vehicle for a fix. I'm happy to discuss this issue further by phone and / or email.  

Guy

on ‎11-19-2013 05:16 PM

Hi Guy,

thanks for the feedback. I'll PM you my email address/phone details.

Any details, examples, screenshots, videos, apple pie or other things that you need, let me know. 

Keen to help you help us.

Ben.

by ajh1966
on ‎01-09-2014 07:47 AM

I support his idea 100%.

I upgraded from ACT 2013 to ACT version 16 (Premium) and discovered that the INCOMING EMAIL rule created in Outlook 2010 (32 bit) no longer worked correctly.

E-mails from clients get recorded OK, but "internal" e-mails from our own company domain do not.  Was told that this is an Exchange srver issue, but the wierd thing is that our Exchnage srever hasn't changed, not has my e-mail setup - only change was ACT....

As my Dad would call it: "An improvement for the worse"  Smiley Frustrated

Alistair

by Ownit
on ‎02-18-2014 07:02 PM

This matter really does need urgent attention from ACT! please.

We have this issue in our office where we are sending over 150 e-mails a day and having to jump back through the sent box to attach them rather than attaching on the go as we could in earlier versions.

The situation for me is as follows.

I work for a builder, I introduced ACT! into the business as I had used it previously and it WAS a great record keeping tool for e-mails documents and conversations. Currently however it is an inconvenience that I can not e-mail a trade (let's say electrician) and attach that e-mail to the relevant job (contact / client)

In the past it was a simple as having the button available in the quick access tool bar of the outlook screen, please rectify with next update...

Labels