Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Table33
on ‎11-02-2010 08:08 PM

why not run virtual machine on your Mac:then run ACT?

by ozie
on ‎11-02-2010 09:06 PM

for one thing i hate windows, so running windows in my mac defeats the purpose of hating windows

plus a native ACT application for Mac would be a far better idea.. usually mac users already run windows via VM with ACT inside as this is the only fix

plus then there is the point of mac users purchasing Office 2011 for Mac, but then having to also get Office 2010 for windows.. so again a native application for a growing customer base is a much smarter idea

by bradfisk
on ‎11-03-2010 06:48 AM

I have run an old version of ACT using the windows emulation program, Parallels.  It works but is slow and takes lots of time to go into and out of the program.  As stated above, a native version of the program would be much better.  I have to believe there is a large market for this application in the Mac world.

by jscott5454
on ‎11-05-2010 02:06 PM

What is the best way to run ACT on a Mac.

Scenario A (Which will rapidly become a target market for Sage)

We have a small group of PCs in our office, but our manager opted to replace his dying desktop with a new Mac computer.

why?

Because it integrates with his iphone and, now his new ipad.

We use the Mac for all our graphics... because quite frankly, the PC versions of multimedia have stunk.

Because we are a cross-platform environment, we need to be able to interface that Mac (and eventually the iphone) with our Peachtree 2010 and ACT 2010 setup.

When we start adding machines here (we're expanding) more of the laptops / replacements) will be MAC based running MS Office for MAC. 

WHat is the best strategy going forward to install Peachtree and ACT for the Mac platform?

We thought about web access rather than runnign virtual machines... seems it woud be MUCH easier for Sage to develope a decent Web interface for all of us who are moving into the apple world.

He's a hint, the owner, the admin asistnat, the VP and soon to be me, have all purchased iphones... we're canning the Windows mobile platform because quite frankly the ipones are soooo much cooler.Annd even us closet techies have become feup trying to get windows mobile anything working.  Tired of being MSFTs guinea pigs.

BUT we love ACT. 

Is there a solution for us?

Can we just run some version of ACT which allows for web and mobile interfacing?

by Dave_Rogers
on ‎12-15-2010 11:11 AM

I have it running in a Windows 7 Virtual Machine (VMWare Fusion 3). It works...but having to buy Windows 7 and Office 2007 wasn't necessarily on my list of things I'd like to spend $500+ on. A Mac version would be a God-send!

by dpartonginno
on ‎02-02-2011 02:51 AM

We have a MAC user who want's / needs ACT but can't so this would be great.

However, If you creat a MAC version is must be able to sync with the PC version's databases!!!!!

by KevinReitz
on ‎02-28-2011 02:46 PM

I was an avid Act! user before switching to Mac.  There is nothing in the Mac space that competes with the feature set Act! offers.  Daylite from MarketPlace comes close, but they are refusing to adopt Apple's new synch technology and are pushing their own solution, which does not work for very many people, except for MarketPlace when it sells the subscription service.  Thus, Sage has no real competition in a fast growing market (businesses on Mac) for a product just about everyone needs.  Seems to be a great opportunity!

Note that I run Win7 in Fusion pretty much continuously, so yes the Win version of Act! is an option.  But, at best, it is a loaded compromise and is a resource hog as well.

Come on Sage.  Regain your US creed and get the Mac version out!

Labels