Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by Copper Elite Contributor
on ‎05-28-2020 08:29 AM

You just need to use Campaign List Sync don't you?

by
on ‎05-29-2020 11:16 AM

Thank you for the response and the focus on Campaign List Sync and the reference to the help document.

If I read the instructions correctly, it means that the group has to be created manually and not dynamically.  Before I ask any other questions, do I understand the use of Campaign List Sync?

Many thanks ...

on ‎05-31-2020 03:53 AM

The Group has to be manually created initially, but once a dynamic membership criteria is established for the Group, it will self-manage its members of course. The Campaign will reference any Groups associated with your Campaign, whether they be 'inclusion' or 'exclusion'. 

Once you have established your target group for the Campaign, you could create a second Group where the criteria is (for example) 'Last Reach' (within the last) 28 Days. Once a User has successfully spoken with a Contact and recorded a History of type 'Call Completed', they will be added to this Group dynamically.

When you build the Campaign, you add an 'exclusion' list to the Campaign so that when the Campaign runs, it sends emails to members of your target group (inclusion) unless they are also members of the second Group (exclusion).

This video explains it: http://training-act.com/act/act-lib-ama/?courseId=campaigns&videoId=9   

by
on ‎06-04-2020 07:20 AM

Will, thanks for the your suggestions.  I will be adding that to my ACT Support section in OneNote.

I'm thinking that taking from above, adding the dynamic rule to check for a completed call older than X days, would automatically drop or include the contact, as long as the rest of the criteria is being met.

However, today is is more than difficult to reach someone by phone.  On the other hand, there is a greater chance, albeit not much, to get a response by eMail.  An unused user field or even a custom field could include something that would cause the contact to fail for inclusion into the group.  This is a little more manual to say the least.  

I was also thinking that a search on the subject line against received eMails could do the same thing, but that would be a search against history.  At first I thought that isn't possible to do a search like that for a dynamic lookup.  Then I tried:

1. E-Mail   Contains    KeyWord
  2. It would also require being able to test against a history type [E-Mail]  and result [Received].

At this point I couldn't find a way to add point #2 to a dynamic lookup.

Maybe this last thought should be added to the Ideas forum.

on ‎06-04-2020 07:40 AM

Regarding:

1. E-Mail   Contains    KeyWord

This is looking at the E-mail address field.

You were correct first time round in suggesting that you cannot use a dynamic Group membership query to consider Email subject lines (where this is the 'Regarding' field in a History) .

by
on ‎01-29-2021 12:19 AM

Hi, I use a dynamic Exclusion list to achieve what you want.

In my case - I have a Campaign related to a specific product.

My exclusion list is dynamic and it's people with an Opportunity with that product.  Once I get any engagement, I create the opportunity.

When I run a list simulation, it says they are excluded so I assume they don't get the next emails in the sequence.

I hope that helps and more importantly works the way I think it does. ;-)

Labels