Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
0 Kudos

ACTDiag show who is logged into databases

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton on ‎11-16-2011 10:44 PM

I'd like ACTDiag to be able to show me who is currently logged into an ACT! database.

The scenario is this:

At head office the client has the PUBLISHER database, we can fire up ACT! | Tools | Define fields

If there are users logged in, it gives us a list and the ability to lock them out after 3min with a custom message displayed.

At the remote office, which uses a SUBSCRIBER database (remote database that sync's back to the publisher) we can't do that as you can't define fields on a remote (subscriber).

Hence, if in ACTDiag I could simply list the ACT! Databases, right click the db in question, and select list logged in users that would be useful.

If you want to to take that further, being able to log those users out after a set time with a custom message would be even more useful.

Comments
by
on ‎11-17-2011 06:34 AM

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the suggestions. I believe most of these features are already available in ACT! through the Tools menu and the Administrative Dashboard.

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎11-17-2011 03:33 PM

Hot **bleep**! you're right. Again. Smiley Happy

Thanks, I'd still like to see it in ACTDiag, but now at least on the remote I can see who is logged in, not that I couldn't, but I couldn't think how.

thanks,

Ben.

by Bronze Super Contributor benhamilton
on ‎11-17-2011 10:13 PM

hmm.. not seeing in the administrative dashboard a nice list of who is logged in..

but, on the server with the remote database, you can go Tools | Database Maintainance | Lock/Unlock Database and it will pop up the exact list I'm wanting to see, gives me the ability to lock the DB in x minutes as well.

by
on ‎08-21-2012 03:07 PM

You can also see this in SQL Connections in ActDiag.

by
on ‎08-21-2012 03:07 PM
Status changed to: Available in ACT! 2010

Labels