Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Comments
by
on ‎06-28-2011 03:29 PM

Just wondering... what momentum building?

Remember that success of iOS is irrelevant to a MacOS version.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia
http://Blog.GLComputing.com.au
http://twitter.com/GLComputing

GL Computing Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/GLComputing
LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

by vasbinde
‎06-30-2011 10:10 AM - edited ‎06-30-2011 10:12 AM

Mac OS X is growing and has reached more than 10% market share in computers sold.  Mac computers are growing rapidly every quarter in shipments, while Windows PCs are drastically slipping.

here is a link for you:  http://www.cultofmac.com/apple-cracks-10-pc-market-share-for-first-time-in-decades/63273

EDIT:  I just noted that the commenter above is from Australia.  Mac market penetration in Australia and Europe has always lagged behind the U.S.  This could explain what the commenter is seeing on the ground in Australia, vs. the market figures, especially here in the United States.

by ozie
on ‎07-07-2011 04:08 PM - last edited on ‎07-07-2011 05:01 PM by

jfenley wrote:

Mac market penetration in Australia and Europe has always lagged behind the U.S.

OMG.. [Edit: Comments removed by moderator. Please post courteously] world wide sales of mac out weighs US sales. The only thing that retards the sales curve is the over priced profit margin Apple adds to the price per unit as apposed to the price in the US, and past years lack of software developers creating mac and windows software where they predominately stuck with windows

And to just make sure you understand the page you linked too.. just because apple has finally cracked 10% of the market and some others have slipped, still 70% of shipments were PC.. It also says that the reason for pc sales slipping comes from consumers not upgrading from either waiting to see about tablets, or purchasing a tablet.. It doesnt mean everyone is suddenly moving from PC or Mac. There is also the GFC, or the fact the large enterprise purchases do not replace their systems every quarter, etc etc

Lets put this even into more respective.. in Q1 2009 Apples market share was 7.4.. so from 7.4 to 10.4 is not converting the world to OSX! And in 2009 their market share slipped.. so its not some exponential graph of world domination happening any time soon

This all does not show any momentum behind ACT! PC users moving to MAC, and requiring large amounts of development cost and time by Sage to satisfy the 'few'. Not everyone of those 10% mac purchasing consumers use ACT! 

Businesses seem to put some time and effort into researching their software and needs prior to major hardware restructuring..

by valdenn
on ‎07-12-2011 07:05 PM

ACT for Mac would allow mr to get rid of my partition on my MAC. The only thing n it is ACT, But my email is on MAC. so I dont get full ACT experience.

by visionar
on ‎07-18-2011 01:14 PM

My suggestion is to allow ACT to run on iPads and iPhones...I have used my ACT to export through Outlook into iTunes and import close to 13000 contacts. What I am missing is logical search for ACT....Apple maybe more expensive...but its customer support is best in industry. I would switch to a Mac for my desktop if ACT ran on Apples....

by JM
on ‎08-12-2011 12:10 PM

Here is a constructive suggestion for $80 install Parallels Desktop for MAC, then for $80 install Windows 7 64bit then install ACT into Windows 7.  I know price will not be an issue since you bought a MAC.

I have met with a couple of people doing this and it works great in performance and drivers working on PC like printer will pipe right on out of the MAC hardware. Hence you have the MAC OS security, stability, Apps and for those PC only app's you can run it on same hardware MAC.

You have to be realistic SAGE is already max. out to effectively support Windows platform and to have them add MAC even if they did, I don't see it happening the market size of MAC users using an ACT DB is too small to make money on it.  Rather I would suggest SAGE just put some support time in fine tunning how to use and support Parallels in a MAC Parallels Community Forum.

JM

by jpenney
on ‎08-14-2011 02:24 PM

I have several clients using Parallels on Mac to run ACT!.  In the main they have few problems when also running Win 7 with Office 2010. However, they do have a problem when they are not running Outlook .

Perhaps, as JM suggests, there is some effort by Sage required to sort out some of the interface issues that are critical to a successful implementation of ACT! into Mac with Parallels and provide a KB Article/Installation Guide for Users of MACs on how to install and optimism their ACT! installation.

There is a dearth of information on these sorts of Issues and maybe the above suggestion and a separate Thread in the Community Pages will help convert more MAC users to ACT!

Labels