Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Scheduler Improvements

by Nickel Super Contributor scotta on ‎01-27-2011 09:52 AM

#1.
I would like the ACT! Scheduler to backup my database everyday without attachments but I also want to backup the database WITH attachments only once a week.   I want each of these backup sets to have different criteria and retention options.

The problem is, you can only schedule one backup from one computer. I would love to be able to schedule multiple backup sets.

ALSO, sometimes my backups dont occur for one reason or another but dont know about it until I finally decide to read the scheduler's log.  This has been weeks at a time sometimes.

It would be VERY helpful if the scheduler would send out an email of the log to me AND/OR schedule an activity with an alarm for me if the backup fails.  I would prefer the email because sometimes, the person who needs to know this is the ACT! consultant or IT guy.

Thanks,

Scott Abboud

Allied Financial Software, Inc.

Comments
by
on ‎01-27-2011 12:05 PM

Definately agree about the email on failure ... to multiple addresses (eg: user, admin, consultant)

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Australia
http://Blog.GLComputing.com.au
http://twitter.com/GLComputing

Join the LinkedIN ACT! Fanatics Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=49896

by jpenney
‎01-30-2011 03:23 PM - edited ‎01-30-2011 03:24 PM

Two very good suggestions.  Both would be valuable additions to the Maintenance side of the software as well as a simple solution for Users.

by snakeroot
on ‎02-23-2011 10:19 AM

I agree as well

by cycle
on ‎03-30-2011 11:59 AM

This is a great set of suggestions

by Astute Commentator operreault
on ‎03-30-2011 02:13 PM

agreed!

by jpenney
on ‎03-31-2011 05:24 PM

I agree. Both suggestions need to be activated by Sage developers  ASAP

by snakeroot
on ‎05-02-2011 12:03 PM

Agree on the suggestions and would like to add another.  

I would like a way to manually run the backups already setup in the Act! Scheduler.  When (because it happens rather often) backups fail, it's painful to have to open every Act! database and manually run through the backup process.  Right clicking on scheduled backup in the scheduler and saying run now, would be SO much faster/easier.  (Similar to what you can do in Windows Task Scheduler). 

by
on ‎10-08-2013 12:38 PM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v16

by Nickel Super Contributor scotta
on ‎10-08-2013 01:33 PM

Were both of these suggestions added to v16?  Can you be more specific about what is "Available n Act!v16"?

i know that the email alert has been added to the v16 Scheduler (and we are VERY thankfrul for this feature addition!)  However, #1 in our request was to allow multiple backups on the same database with different settings such as no attachments included on some or other databases to backup on others.  Was this added also?

Scott A

Labels