Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Integration with Gmail?

by on ‎07-27-2010 06:58 AM

When are we going to see integration of ACT! with Gmail? After years of using Outlook, I've ditched it for Gmail and ACT! is the last application that's preventing me from removing Outlook completely.

It's 2010 and ACT! needs better webmail integration, particularly Gmail since it's the biggest one (?) out there.

How about it?

Comments
by NowVoyager
on ‎07-27-2010 07:20 AM

This is an absolute must! The user base is huge, the potential outreach is limitless. You could spin-off an ACT! Lite version for gmail and an Android version is another must! Great idea

by quonwarrene
on ‎07-27-2010 09:34 AM

We would agree. Many of our clients (financial advisors and broker dealers) are leveraging Google Apps premium and this integration would be extraordinary for both the mail and calendar component. Moreover - your competitors are also integrating Google Docs.

CRM, in our view, is the hub of a financial business, and integration to mail, calendaring and files is critical.

by snakeroot
on ‎07-28-2010 12:36 PM

Definitely agree.  We quite using Outlook altogether and have moved to Google Apps.  Integration between Google Apps and Act! would be a HUGE plus!

We're heavily invested in Androids as well.

by Joseph Powell
on ‎09-04-2010 02:17 PM

Yes. Please ACT! on this as soon as possible. My firm went to ACT! because we hope it is our answer. Finding out that it doesn't fulfill our need for email integration is very disappointing.

by PeltzNH
on ‎09-22-2010 09:03 PM

Count another vote to have gmail integrated with ACT without having to go through Outlook. 

We have never used Outlook - having had palm pdas prior to Blackberry phones. It always seemed that if someone was creating a virus to attack computers, somehow Outlook was a target, so I just never took the step over.  I also find Outlook to be a resourse hog since I'm usually running 5 programs at a time.

However, I am really tired of copying and pasting emails into my ACT histories!

PLEASE, PLEASE ACT DEVELOPERS - LISTEN TO THIS REQUEST - It would be great if it could be done as an update to either ACT 2010 or ACT 2011 if you don't feel like fixing it for all your versions.

by
on ‎10-28-2010 09:21 AM

The most obvious integration with Gmail and ACT! from an technology perspective is to do an e-mail integration (record histories fro your Gmail inbox) and pop a prefilled gmail outbound e-mail from ACT!, as well as Contact and Calendar sync with Gmail.

integration with other Google Apps like export to Google Spreadsheet for example is much harder because as a web based doc it's not clear how soundly their API supports this.  This isn't a technical hurdle just for ACT! all vendors are struggling with figuring out how to do deep integration with Google docs.  Are there some basic Google App integrations outside of the ones described above you've seen and are interested in related to integration with ACT!?

by schester
on ‎06-20-2011 08:47 AM

Here's another plug for needed ACT email integration with gmail/google apps. I have many customers who are ready to ditch Outlook, but need it for attaching emails. Further, it would be a better connection if the email was synced behind the scenes so that messages from mobile devices are pulled in as well.

These posts are almost a year old now - has anyone heard any plans from Sage to include this feature?

by
on ‎06-20-2011 09:35 AM

I believe ACT! 2012 is supposed to have this. It remains to be seen and the proof will be in the pudding.

by
on ‎06-20-2011 10:01 AM

Hello schester,

Google/Gmail integration will be introduced in ACT! 2012. If you would like to sign up for the beta (which starts today) and try it out, please see the following Community post:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Register-now-for-the-Sage-ACT-2012-Beta-SageACT/m-p/131448#M468...

by jeff pollak
on ‎07-27-2011 12:25 PM

Sage get with the times.  Let's have Act 2012 work for Mac Users!  I want this new version to work with Safari and Macmail.  I am sick of having to mailmerge my documents using Parrallels only to have to cut and paste into Mac Mail.

Let's face it, Apple is the only company left in America which maybe our saviors!  Nobody can match their operating system or products.  

Labels