Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Compatibility with Outlook2010 urgently needed

by dpost@imergeconsult.com on ‎05-27-2010 04:31 AM

It is critical that ACT!2010 users who upgrade to Outlook 2010 (final) maintain integration with ACT, as well as avoiding any other major Office 2010 incompatibility. When I upgraded to Office 2010 last week, I found that the integration was lost. Tech Support gave me a workaround, but this should be more fully documented and formally supported. I was shocked to be told by customer service that ACT did not support Office 2010, as if it were a minor or unexpected product introduction. I think Sage will end up losing business by appearing to be clueless and inept in preparing for a game-changing Office 2010 product introduction by Microsoft. I think it is totally unacceptable to wait until ACT!2011 to provide reasonable compatibility.

I have been an ACT user in my IT consulting business since before 1994, and have lived with the slow evolution of ACT to interoperate adequately with MS Office. I advise many large user organizations on use of software. I am also a Microsoft Registered Partner and recognized industry Analyst. Along with thousands of other users and IT experts, I converted last week to Office 2010 including Outlook, and am transitioning from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010. I think there are dramatic improvements which will cause customers to move far more quickly than past Office introductions, partly due to SharePoint, mobile and web capabilities. Last October, 7000 Microsoft users and solution providers converged on Las Vegas, eager to hear the latest about the expected 2010Q2 release of these long awaited products. May 12 was the official launch and channel and technet partners were able to download fully released product on that date. June 15 may be the retail release, but many users will convert before that time.

Available with known issues in ACT! 2010. Full support in ACT! 2011.
Comments
by Bronze Contributor chieff
on ‎05-27-2010 07:29 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself.  A resounding YES!  We need Office 2010 supported by ACT! 2010.
by berel_lax
on ‎05-31-2010 03:33 PM

Great post, I just installed Office 2010 to find out that my ACT integration is lost. I would be much indebted if you could post the workaround that you were given from tech support. If i can't get this fixed soon, I'm going to have to revert back to Office 2007.

Thanks,

Berel

by dfenlon
on ‎06-21-2010 07:15 AM
Could agree More. went to 2010 and ran into the same problem. it is no big suprise that office 2010 was going to become avaiable. i love outllok 2010. very feature rich with time saving shortcuts. this is holding up my office 2010 intergration
by kstalcup
on ‎06-21-2010 08:10 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  We are working on an knowledge base article about this topic and expect to have something within the next few weeks.
by Double
on ‎06-25-2010 10:34 AM

I completely agree and am also waiting for formal support of Office 2010 with Act 2010.  Being forced to upgrade to Act 2011 for this compatibility does not seem right.  Thank you for the original post.

by tim@usaradio.com
on ‎07-03-2010 01:51 PM

I am truly shocked that ACT2010 is not compatible with Outlook2010.

I am equally shocked that the official position of Sage is "wait for the next rev."

Really?

by
‎07-06-2010 01:34 AM - edited ‎07-06-2010 09:34 PM

Another vote for a quick solution to the lack of compatibility. I have several other apps which integrate with MS Office products and all of the others work with Office 2010.

Further to ACT! 2010 not working with Outlook and Word 2010, today I r realised I can't export to Excel 2010 either Smiley Sad

by jpenney
on ‎07-09-2010 02:06 AM

The majority of companies  in New Zealand selling new computers and laptops are doing so with Win7 and Office 2010 pre-installed or bundled with the purchase.

I have clients upgrading their computers and also ACT!  and cannot use the features or either because of the loss of integration between the products.  We really need to have a suitable work around in place  ASAP 

Most businesses cannot afford to sit around waiting and hoping for a successful release of ACT! 2011 later this year. They need to be able  to work in the new environment now !

by Brendan Homan
on ‎07-11-2010 07:36 PM

Any update to compatability with Office 2010. I have been active user of Act since 2003, but this compatability issue is costing me a lot of extra time and resources and I am loosing business as my efficiancy is slipping.. At the moment ACT is simply a database and I am having to manually type my letters and emails etc - and some don't get done.. I am very close to looking at other options.

by hermitw
on ‎08-13-2010 10:31 AM

Is the knowledge base article available as promised 6-21 by Sage above?  It has now been 8 weeks.  I believe that qualifies as a few.

I have posted elsewhere my opinions about both the poor business planning obvious in this situation, and the extremely poor business acumen demontrated by the ongoing lack of transparent information regarding Sage's' game plan, progress and lack of ability to address this issue. 

Labels