My company has been using ACT! since version 2.0; and we have since upgraded through the years. We just updated to version 21 and implement remote access to the database through ACT companion.
After using ACT companion for a few weeks, we have the following suggestions:
- show the company name in the contact view. Currently it only shows the name and phone number, but if you have a contact record without a contact name, it only shows the phone number.
- allow users to create alarms when they are scheduling activities through the app. Current functionality does not allow this at all.
- allow users to sort opportunities by open or closed.
- Currently there is a glitch so that when an alarm goes off, a user gets three notifications on their phone. This is annoying at the very least.
- allow users to customize which types of notifications they receive on their phone. I don't need to know when someone in my organization adds a contact.
I'm sure that my users will think of more suggestions.
Swiftpage staff, please let me know how you handle user suggestions. I would really like to see these suggestions implemented.
Balfrey & Johnston Inc.
We have just updated to V21 Web and are trying to get Act Companion to work for us.
Because of our tight IT security arrangements we are trying to run it through an enterprise VPN. Did you guys do the same? If so, would really appreciate what setup you put in place.
Currently we do not have any VPN's set up for my company. We worked with a third-party consultant who set up our ACT install and a second company who administers my office server. I had to purchase an SSL certificate for my website and have my server guy set it up. If you have an ACT solution provider I would recommend getting in touch with them for Companion setup and integration.
I will say that I am a bit frustrated with the lack of interaction between Swiftpage and its users. I called ACT tech support to discuss these issues that I am having with Companion, and the technician basically said that we would be better off using Handheld Contact. Of course, Handheld Contact is yet another app that we would have to purchase to have what I consider basic functionality for my remote salespeople.
At this point it seems that we are in somewhat of a holding pattern with trying to train my employees on Companion or deciding whether we want to implement Handheld Contact. ACT doesn't seem too transparent when it comes to app updates and new feature integration.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.