Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 64 Bit

by jnpurdy on ‎01-22-2012 05:38 AM

64 Bit of Windows and applications are becoming more and more common either because of internal corporate directive or general acceptance.  I am sure there are many like me who would be considered a rogue user and need to have ACT! attain compatibility in this environment.

We desperately need to have ACT work with Office 64-bit or produce an ACT! 64-bit version.

With the release of Act! v19 comes many Microsoft Office Compatibility Improvements, including native support for 64-bit variants of Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 for Windows.

For more details, please see this Knowledgebase article.

Comments
by
on ‎02-29-2012 02:14 PM

Amen!  I have posted on this topic without response from Sage.  There is a rapidly growing number of ACT users who are impacted/limited by this issue and Sage really needs to roll out a 64-bit version before they get too far behind the curve.  If this problem continues to fall on deaf ears, I will certainly be moving away from the product.

by
on ‎03-07-2012 10:20 AM

I am already using two computers (desk and laptop). Both 64 bits.

Everyday, always (no exception) when I close ACT! a message tells me that "ACT! stopped working" (sure!), but not correctly.

All other functions and applications are running fine.

In ACT! I cannot save my preferences as it is not saved due to unexpected end.

Try to run as "Administrator" and in compatible modes (I tried all available) did not solved problem.

A 64bit version to solve this problem and run faster would be a great improvement for next version.

Using ACT" 14.

Thanks.

by SelfGov
on ‎04-25-2012 09:13 AM

I'm sure I am not alone. I just upgraded my office PC from an old XP system to a new Windows 7 system. Naturally I installed the 64 bit version of Office 2010 and am shocked to learn today that it will not integrate with my ACT!

Worse than that I'm told by Sage technical support that management will not give an expected release date for integration with 64 bit Office.

I'm very disappointed at the prospect of having to waste another day uninstalling the 64 bit version and going back to an old 32 bit version of Office and not even knowing when I can expect to upgrade back to the 64 bit version despite the fact that I have a full license support program with ACT to get all new version.

Again, I'm sure I speak for thousands of other frustrated business owners who don't have the time to wait around for Sage management to put a stake in the ground and commit to a date for having a 64 bit version of ACT or at a minimum compatibility with the 64 bit version of Office.

Let's make this happen soon! 

by
on ‎01-15-2013 06:46 AM

Not to beat a dead horse here, but it's been almost a year from this original posting without a response from Sage.  Can we please get an ACT developer/engineer to provide users with an update regarding this issue.  The error and performance problems are real concerns and I'm not sure how much longer the community with accept a sub-par product.

by Nickel Super Contributor sfaexpert
on ‎01-16-2013 06:16 AM

Please check the Microsoft site for this. They do not allow any add-ins for th 64bit version of Office. If you slip in a DVD and install Office the default is 32 bit. This is all Microsoft's fault (but they do tell you the only reason to use the 64 bit version is if you use massive Excel spreadsheets).

by Administrator
on ‎05-17-2017 06:43 AM
Status changed to: Available in Act! v19

With the release of Act! v19 comes many Microsoft Office Compatibility Improvements, including native support for 64-bit variants of Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 for Windows.

For more details, please see this Knowledgebase article.

Labels