Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 APPARENTLY FATALLY FLAWED

Tuned Listener

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 APPARENTLY FATALLY FLAWED

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2
Private database
Windows 7 32 bit

Dear Act Community:

First let me say: I AM NOT ASKING FOR SUPPORT. SUPPORT IS FOR HELP WITH SOFTWARE THAT IS FUNCTIONING PROPERLY.
I recently bought this software new and unopened and after many hours of wrestling with it, believe it is fatally flawed: [i.e. no fixes of major problems available.] I AM ASKING FOR CONFIRMATION OF MY CONCLUSION THAT THIS VERSION HAS MAJOR GLICHES beyond not being able to produce a fully functioning empty copy. I have not been able to import lists satisfactorily: TAB separated not at all; csv and Excel incompletely. Setting up a new contact does not produce the Is User icon. I have wasted many, many hours.

PLEASE HELP ME NOT TO WASTE ANY MORE TIME or tell me how I can make this software work.

Thank you, Bob Foxworth

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 APPARENTLY FATALLY FLAWED

[ Edited ]

I had a number of clients that used that version for years and were very happy with it.  I'm not sure what your issues are but the latest update for Act! 2011 was Service Pack 1 Hotfix 6 so there were a lot of updates to the version that you are running.  I would update to the latest version and see if the problems you are having go away.

http://download.act.com/support/downloads/Sage-ACT-Pro-2011-Product-Downloads.html

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Tuned Listener

Thanks Stan. You have probably saved me from a total loss with all the time I have put into making 2011 work. If I need a consultant, i will certainly contact you.

I am a fairly sophisticated PC and contact manager user, beginning with TeleMagic in the late ‘80s, which I would still be using were it still available. I have been using ACT! since I lost TM And ACT!6 since it came out and would not be changing if I could still integrate with Outlook. If you want details of these glitches, I will provide them. FYI: I have also searched ACT community database for “import” and found little of value. maybe I just don't know how to search! My struggle with converting my ACT6 data is documented on the Toolbox.com service.

Thanks again. I will work on this tomorrow!

Bob

Tuned Listener

Ran act2011sp1hf6.exe and got this message: “This update doesn’t apply to this version of ACT! Please verify you have the correct update.” Frustrating... Any ideas/suggestions? Please...

Tuned Listener

Ran act2011sp1hf6.exec and got this message: “This update doesn’t apply to this version of ACT! Please verify you have the correct update.” now that I see the message, I believe I already tried to apply hf6 unsuccessfully.

FYI: ACT! Pro 2011 is the only version I have on my computer. Firefox was only program running.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Bob,

Try running this Update to get SP1 installed before the hot fix 6

Sage ACT! Pro 2011
Update - SP1 Plus
HF1 (US)

from this page:

http://www.act.com/support/downloads/sage-act-pro-2011/

HTH,

Kit

Kit Leithiser
CIM Soiftware LLC
kit@leithiser.com
Silver Super Contributor

It can be tricky converting an Act! 6 database to the .NET version.  Converting from Act! 6 to Act!  2011 usually works pretty well though.  I usually do a conversion to Act! 2011 and then convert to a later conversion when I'm upgrading someone.  I've heard that Swiftpage will convert your Act! 6 database for free if you buy the latest version.  You might want to look into that.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Tuned Listener

Thanks for your suggestion Stan. I have given up on conversion (probably dont need all those record anyway). Right now all I want ACT! to do for me is allow me to import lists with all the data intact..

Apparently you dont have any thoughts about why I'm getting the "not this version" message, when it clearly is the right version.

Silver Super Contributor

Kit's answer to that issue was correct.  Before you install Hotfix 6 you must install Service Pack 1.  You haven't installed Service Pack 1 so you'll need to install that one first.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Tuned Listener

i applied SP1, then HF6 "successfully" i.e. it reads Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0, Hot Fix 6, but I still have the identical import problems: TAB doesnt work at all, csv and Excel omit all contact names and titles and most of the city and zip codes. I have checked the input files for cvs and Excell and find all info available in the right places for a successful import. [my observation: One of the problems might be, unlike ACT6, the ACT 2011 file list does not have first name and last name fields. When i add them, they show up in "define fields" but not in the list for mapping.

Could it be that i have a corrupt copy of the software?