Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

what options do I have for a sending a survey form using E-Marketing?

Copper Elite Contributor

what options do I have for a sending a survey form using E-Marketing?

Hello ACT! community.

I have a survey form that I want to send out using E-Marketing.

is there a way to either:

• have the survey open when the recipient opens the email?

OR

• be able to have the recipient fill out the survey questions in the email, and have that populate to the survey when they hit a "Submit" button?

At the moment the process that is being used, is that an email goes out with a hypalink to the survey, but I believe we would get more response on the survey if it did not require a second click to open.

Any insight is greatly appreciated

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Copper Contributor

Re: what options do I have for a sending a survey form using E-Marketing?

[ Edited ]

Jared,

The first option you mentioned, to have a link auto-open when you open an email, isn't really possible. Think of all the spam emails you'd receive that would open annoying popups as you scrolled through. I'm certain if a window did pop up when I opened an email without clicking anything, my first action would be to close the window and delete the email.

The second option would be to take the survey's source code, and embed it into an advanced swiftpage template directly. 

The answer is "Yes you can, but no you shouldn't." 

Most major email clients consider embedded forms to be security threats. Outlook will outright disable and remove the form. Other email programs might display it, but disable the submit button. So you can send surveys out directly which don't require to open a new hyperlink, but most persons will not be able to use them. The ones who are able to receive a functioning form will likely get a security warning message and think twice about answering it.

Hope this helps.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: what options do I have for a sending a survey form using E-Marketing?

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the reply.  You raised some very good points that I had not considered, and I have found your response helpful.

Thanks again

Regards

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services