Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

remove specific contacts from campaign sent to a Group

[ Edited ]

My version:  Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2

Database Location:  Self hosted Shared with 4 users 
Database PC:  Windows 7(64) machine
_____

My clients are segmented within the Company profile.

For example a company record has a Buyer Type field where they are identified as a "B2B" or a "Trade" client.

If I want to send an email campaign to all my Trade client contacts that easy.

but what if there are contacts within my clients company profile that I do not want the email to go to....for example accounts department contacts don't need to receive my mailing as its not aimed at them and they would have no interest, how do I filter them out of the group or list for AEM.

I can use an advanced query to find all my Companies with a buyer type of "Trade" , but it then doesn't allow me to query the Contacts record within that lookup at the same time or even narrow the lookup.

I've marked the company as a trade customer now all I want to do is filter the contacts within that list of companies to only those with consultants or engineers ID status or job title.

any suggestions.  I dont want to have to separately tag each contact with Trade or B2B as that surely just increasing my data entry on each contact.

My version: Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2
Database Location: Self hosted Shared with 4 users
Database PC: Windows 7(64) machine

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author asguk
‎11-15-2016 06:34 AM
Administrator

Re: remove specific contacts from campaign sent to a Group

Hi Simon,

The way I would suggest you do this, would be to link your Company buyer type field to new field on Contacts. This way, the buyer type would be visible on the contact record, along with the ID status. You would then be able to create an advanced lookup of Contacts where buyer type = Trade, and ID status = consultant or engineer.

You can find more information on linking Company and Contact fields in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19170

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author asguk
‎11-15-2016 06:34 AM
Administrator

Hi Simon,

The way I would suggest you do this, would be to link your Company buyer type field to new field on Contacts. This way, the buyer type would be visible on the contact record, along with the ID status. You would then be able to create an advanced lookup of Contacts where buyer type = Trade, and ID status = consultant or engineer.

You can find more information on linking Company and Contact fields in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19170

Thanks Gary, thats the only way we could see of doing it.

Is there no way of using the AEM opt in/out check box into the contact record that can be checked or unchecked manually as possibly could achieve the result too. Or I suppose we could just create our own opt in check box.
My version: Act! Premium Version 17.2.217.0, Hot Fix 2
Database Location: Self hosted Shared with 4 users
Database PC: Windows 7(64) machine
Highlighted
Administrator

The AEM Opt Out checkbox is a system field and cannot be manually edited. This updates automatically when you click Update Email Campaign History. I would suggest creating a supplemental field if you wanted to manually define this.