Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

issue with uploading html template

issue with uploading html template

I hope someone can help...

I've created a html newsletter template using MailStyler 2 which looks great is was so easy to do. I've tried to upload this into swiftpage and have matched all the images correctly but when it is complete the newsletter is formatted different from when I composed it in MailStyler.  I've checked the sizing and they are both 600. 

The two main issues are in the first table I had an image on the left with the text wrapped round it to the right and below but in swiftpage it now has the image then the text below and I can't seem to move the text to wrap this image.

Secondly I had another table which had two equal columns with text in, now I still have two columns but they are of different widths and I can't work out how to change the width. I thought that i would be able to click on the column boundary and move it but I can't even select it.

Many thanks for any help.

Administrator

Re: issue with uploading html template

Hi knockinaam,

Please can you confirm if you're using Act! emarketing, or Swiftpage emarketing?

The layout inconsistencies are likely due to differences in how the MailStyler html is handled in the emarketing editor.
If you're happy to share the template with us, It could help us see what the problem is.

[ Edited ]

Hi Gary,

We use Swiftpage emarketing.  I'm happy to share the template with you. I've attached the html one that I composed using MailStyler 2.  If you need me to share the swiftpage template please let me know how best to do this.

Many thanks

Administrator

Hi knockinaam,

There's a couple of styles you need to implicitly apply to get the results you are looking for:

1. For the left-aligned image, with text wrapped to the right, you need to apply this style to the table containing the image. This tells the text next to it that it can wrap around it in the remaining space.
    float: left;
  2. For the two equal width columns, you need to tell the tables what width they should be. Adding the following style to both of the table's <th> elements will do this:
    width: 50%;

Thanks for this Gary.

I've one more question.  I assume that should we swap from swiftpage to Act emarketing this would still create the same issue if I were to create html newsletters in MailStyler 2 then upload them.  Is there any chance that either swiftpage or act emarketing will become fully compatible with MailStyler 2 in the near future?

Many thanks

Administrator

I've tested the original template in Act! emarketing, and interestingly, only the 2nd is required. After this is done, the template also appears correctly.

I'm not aware of any upcoming work around specific compatibility with MailStyler 2, however we push regular updates to the Act! emarketing platform to make improvements to the system, and to maintain current standards for displaying templates in email clients.

Thanks for all your help Gary.  MailStyler 2 was just so easy to make a good looking newsletter up with. I find that the basic template editor in Swiftpage a bit restrictive as in you can only have one or two columns in the whole template.

I've altered by template as you advised earlier and this has worked a treat but when I saved it and it asked me to verify the footer the 'click here' buttons turned tiny so that they looked just like little spots. Do you know why this would happen and how I could fix this?

Thanks once again.

Administrator

That's strange. I'm not sure why that's happened.

Try this version of the template I've attached. This has the changes made to the HTML directly.

You might find that the Act! emarketing template editor is more easy and familiar for you to use than the Swiftpage one. Have you tried it out yet?

Please note: Template layout and HTML support is not a standard service from Swiftpage. I've done this for my own personal training.