Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

editing template

editing template

Every time I enter a url link into a template, the url is moved to the top of the template instead of remaining in the text where it's needed - why is this? and how do I fix it?

Administrator

Re: editing template

Hi Liz,

Please can you confirm if you are using Act Emarketing, or Swiftpage Emarketing.

it's swiftpage

Hi Liz,

Have you always experienced this problem or has it just started happening?

Do you encounter the same problem when editing a different template?

Are you copy/pasting the URL or are you manually typing this in?

Regards

Peter

It's always been a problem, but not all of the time! and it can happen on any template. I've been copying and pasting the url.

I must admit I've never seen this before. I would suggest contacting our support team on 0845 268 0220 so we can investigate the problem in more detail.

Peter

Bronze Contributor

I have been a Swiftpage emarketing user for years and I've never seen that.  What you can try to do, but it will require looking at and working with some user-unfriendly HTML.  On the top or bottom of the template - depending on whether you are using a simple or advanced template, look for the word Source or HTML.  You should then be able to hit find and search for the url.  At this point it gets "interesting" and requires a bit of knowledge of HTML. But it would get you out of the woods for now.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Copper Contributor

I've never seen this issue but really html emails should not be edited within the kind of editor offered. It is always recommended to code the template outside of act then import/copy the code in. It's kind of like the 'save as HTML' process in MS Word that a lot of people on here have problems with - it's a novel extra and not something that is reliable or will produce clean code.

Did anyone ever figure out this issue? I'm experiencing this as well. Whether I copy and paste a link into a new text box or I create a hyperlink from existing text, the link jumps to the top of the screen.

Administrator

Hi Kiki47,

What web browser are you seeing this behaviour in?
Have you tried any other browsers?
Are you able to replicate this issue on demand, every time?