Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

eMarketing questions

eMarketing questions

I am using Act emarketing v17 and have a question regarding performance. When i instruct Act to grab names from my ACT database and send out emails it takes a long time for it to chug through sending out all the emails. Now i am sending between 700 to 800 emails at a time. My ACT system may take 20 minutes to get thru sending them out. 

How do I improve the performance to speed out the sending out of the emails? I am not technical so any replys need to be in something I can understand.

Administrator

Re: eMarketing questions

Hi thisisforharold,

When you are sending an email campaign in Act emarketing, does the screenshot below show the stage that appears to be taking a long time for you?

Act!_2016-09-23_14-17-22.png

If this is not the stage that is taking a long time, please can you take a screenshot, or describe what you see when the process seems to be going slowly.

Hi yes if there is any way to improve performance in this area that would be great

Administrator

The time taken to complete this stage will largely depend on the upload speed of your internet connection, and the number of contacts you are including in your campaign.
During this process, Act is uploading the relevant contact details for the contacts included in your campaign to the emarketing servers. The current load on the server during busier periods may also have an effect on the speed of this process.

What is your internet upload speed?
Do you have access to any faster connections that you could test with?

Thank you that really helps