Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wrong User Association ACT!/Swiftpage.

Wrong User Association ACT!/Swiftpage.

When attempting to use Swiftpage email marketing services on my ACT! account, I recieve the following error message:

The Swiftpage UserID "xxx1234" is already associated with ACT! user "Mike" in this ACT datbase. Please enter in a different Swiftpage UserID to associate with this ACT! user "Barry"

I was told by Swiftpage to contact ACT! to resolve the problem and fix this, and of course ACT! claims it isn't their issue because I don't have a support contract. 

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Wrong User Association ACT!/Swiftpage.

Hello Bdyke14,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Depending on which version of Sage ACT! you are running, the option you are looking for (to connect/disconnect userids) is found by:

- Launch Sage ACT!

- Click 'Connections' in lower left column

- Sage E-marketing for ACT! > click 'Manage Account'

- Click 'Account' tab

- Click 'Connect/Disconnect Existing Users'

If Connections is not available:

- Contact Detail screen > click Sage E-marketing icon (next to layout selection drop down list)

- Click 'Account' at bottom of screen

- Select 'Account' tab

- Click 'Connect/Disconnect Existing Users'

Greg Martin
Sage

I am using ACT 2011 pro and I dont see any connections on the far left. Under the Swift page icon there is no disconnect function either.

Any other ideas? We hired a new administrative assistant and changed the act name and contact but have now lost the access to swift page. It says the account was already associated to another user. Please help? Anyone know the solution?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Tforte,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

You can use the instructions within the following article to remove the Swiftpage account/user information - then re-enter the information with the updated Sage ACT! user name.  You will need to download the new ActDiag utility; instructions are also within the article: KB Article 27857

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

I have this issue, but when I login to the user and go to Connections and click 'Connect/Disconnect Existing Users' I get a message that my Swiftpage password is wrong. However, I know it is correct and can login online.

I also get timeout warnings when I try to delete the user attached to the Swiftpage account.

I tried to follow instructions for deleting Swifpage preferences using the ACT! Diagnostics tool and that gives me an unhandled exception.

Copper Contributor

Chester,

Just a hunch but it is possible that the account password you provided is wrong. There is an administrator account password, which can be different from individual users' passwords (even for 1 user swifties). Even if you can log in through the swiftpage website, it's possible your user account password got changed to be different from the admin password at some point.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com

I wish you were right. However, the password I am entering is correct.

I have tested it on a demo database - i.e. I successfully Connect and Disconnect it on the Demo database. However, when it comes to the database we actually use, it says the password is wrong.

Copper Contributor

It's hard for me to pinpoint the issue without a firsthand troubleshooting, so I'm kind of taking shots in the dark here.

Try changing your swiftpage account's password in the Edit User Profile options. Perhaps that will refresh it and accept a new password?

Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com

I fixed it in the end by deleteing the user and transfering everthing to a new user.