Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Why has access to your servers been impossible for the last two weeks?

Why has access to your servers been impossible for the last two weeks?

We decided to migrate to a new platform for our emarketing and as we have used ACT for some years chose Swiftpage. The test went ok, we worked out how it would fit into our needs and subscribed.

Over the last two weeks we have spent hours trying to access your servers for our first blast but they invariably timeout.

Swiftpage Support in the UK say 'Yes we have the same problem it won't even let us on but it can be better in the afternoon'.

It isn't  - and anyway we expect to be able to use it 24/7.

I'm told the issues are being looked into with the guys in the US.

Meanwhile we have sent this month's blast on our previous system despite also paying for Swiftpage.

Are we unique with this problem or have Swiftpage got issues with their kit?

Copper Contributor

Re: Why has access to your servers been impossible for the last two weeks?

I have constant speed issues with the emarketing.

Going to my emarketing account is a chore in itself then once in, doing anything such as going into the details oif a template goives a blank screen for a good couple of minutes.

My guess is they simply need more reliable servers. It's not a surprise that I find myself going back to Mailchimp just to remind myself how quick that is! 

Copper Contributor

That said, by all accounts Act emarketing itself (as opposed to Swiftpage emarketing) is fairly new so things will improve over time.

Bronze Super Contributor

There have been issues with lockouts issues for AEM for the last two weeks. SP/ACT has been working steadily on the resolution of these issues. A batch of fixes were installed yesterday.

Try sending a blast today sometime and report your results back to this thread.

Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
tmwilli@tmwconsulting.net
916 396-4302
Bronze Super Contributor

Try sending a email blast now. One of my clients was successful earlier today and she has been trying to send for a week or so.
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
916 396-4302

Managed to send a test yesterday but it was extremely slow - certainly not commercially acceptable.

Hit another snag though as it would not let us send from an address we had just verified.

What is disconcerting is that there are obviously issues that Swiftpage are not acknowledging even to their in-house support team in the UK.

I'm glad I'm not a re-seller.

Bronze Super Contributor

While I would agree that the issues with AEM over the last two weeks have been troublesome and unacceptable, SP/ACT is working to correct and improve the product.

I would speculate that the slowness was due to a surge in sends due to the users of the service not being able to send out successfully over the last couple of weeks.

Not a great answer, but probably correct.

And, there are other aspects of the service that are not controllable by SP/ACT. Like antivirus, firewall and malware software blocking to "unknown" sites.

It might be helpful to add the AEM website to your browser, AV and Malware software as a safe/secure site. The URL is: aem.spsend.com
Best Regards,
Terry Williams
TMW Consulting
Sacramento, CA
916 396-4302
Copper Contributor

I don't think the issue is that we couldn't send an email blast and now we can (at least not for me), for me I have always been able to send email blasts and had no problem sending them, the issue is the speed and useability of doing so.

The Act emarleting servers clearly can't handle it and is not geared up for what it needs to do.

As said already, I'm sure things will get up to mailchimp standard in due course.