Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want to Import Data Entered on Website to Act?

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Want to Import Data Entered on Website to Act?

I am looking for a suggestion to have fields competed on a website entered into ACT!  Would also appreciate any suggestions for a website developer that might can help.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rickr149
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Want to Import Data Entered on Website to Act?

The other option is your from to Web Prospect (the "grab", which WP can do), which feeds to SAM (Sales Automation Manager - sched Call and wait to complete), which then runs the Contact(s) through a campaign which sends out mail via Mail Merge - all three are at http://www.crmaddons.com/c-2-act-add-ons.aspx

I've setup this system many times, and it works fantastically.  SwiftPage does the same thing, except for the call part, which you could use a Smart Task for.  SwiftPage is a bit more manual, as WP/SAM/MM can be totally automated.

Just because your website runs off SQL and ACT does as well means nothing.  Well, it means you could spend many, many thousands of dollars and a ton of time custom programming the two to do what I described in the first paragraph, which costs a total of $495 (Northwoods Automation Bundle)

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Elite Contributor

You want to look at SwiftPage - part of their product line includes something called Surveys.  These are online forms, either hosted by SwiftPage, or embedded on your site, that will sync the form data into your ACT database.

My Contact Us page on my website (www.rbrdatasolutions.com) is actually an embedded SwiftPage form.  I get an email when someone fills it out, but I also can directly import that data into ACT.

Richard Brust
Tuned Listener

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually, what I am looking to do is create a website where my customers may complete fields of data and then have that data "grabbed" and imported into ACT. Once inside ACT, I would like to run a Smart Task to schedule a call.  And upon completion of that call, have another Smart Task send a series of e-mails over time.  The component I am missing is the vehicle to "grab" the data and put it into ACT.  I believe the rest can be triggered off the "create date." 

My brain tells me that if the website runs off a SQL backend and ACT runs on a SQL backend, there has to be a simple way to do this.  I just don't personally have the expertise to pull if off. 

Again, appreciate any suggestions. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author rickr149
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

The other option is your from to Web Prospect (the "grab", which WP can do), which feeds to SAM (Sales Automation Manager - sched Call and wait to complete), which then runs the Contact(s) through a campaign which sends out mail via Mail Merge - all three are at http://www.crmaddons.com/c-2-act-add-ons.aspx

I've setup this system many times, and it works fantastically.  SwiftPage does the same thing, except for the call part, which you could use a Smart Task for.  SwiftPage is a bit more manual, as WP/SAM/MM can be totally automated.

Just because your website runs off SQL and ACT does as well means nothing.  Well, it means you could spend many, many thousands of dollars and a ton of time custom programming the two to do what I described in the first paragraph, which costs a total of $495 (Northwoods Automation Bundle)

Richard Brust
Tuned Listener

Do you also create websites with such forms?

Nickel Elite Contributor

I can do the form itself, but I'm not a website developer (i.e. the graphics and "cool" stuff)...

Richard Brust
Tuned Listener

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  I am interested in your bundle. What do I need to tell the web designer to do so they can utilize your product.  Is it as simple as mapping the form fields through your product to the ACT fields?