Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upload an Excel File with Opt-Outs

Copper Elite Contributor

Upload an Excel File with Opt-Outs

I have a client that is migrating from another email service and I have exported a list of suppressed emails. How do I upload that list to act email marketing?

Tony Holowitz
Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com
www.TeachAnOldDogNewTricks.com
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Upload an Excel File with Opt-Outs

Tony, I don't know if it's possible to upload opt-outs directly to AEM.  What you can do is create a Marketing field in Act and import your opt-out information there so that the contacts will not be included in future mailings when you create a Lookup or use a Dynamic Group.

Karen Fredricks
Tech Benders
561-470-5450
Copper Elite Contributor

I recently did it with Swiftpage Email.  I suspect there is a way.

Tony Holowitz
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com
Administrator

[ Edited ]

It is possible for us to add a list of contacts to the opt-out suppression list in AEM.
Please send an email with the list of contacts you wish to opt-out, your account number, and the Act emarketing account details to support@swiftpage.com.

Copper Elite Contributor

This is what I learned. I emailed an Excel file to support@Swiftpage.com and they uploaded that file to my act email marketing client account. You can also use the same email address if you want to send it to Swiftpage email. I also learned that if you want to email act support their email addresses actsupport@swiftpage.com.

AEM's new checkbox fields that show you both bounces and opt outs is a good addition to act email marketing. Having noted that, the email opt outs that I uploaded are not shown in that checkbox. In other words, only people that opt out from a campaign that is sent are shown in that field.

If you have not added those two checkbox fields, bounces and opt outs, to your act layout, I highly recommend you do so.

Tony Holowitz
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com