Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unsubscribes and fonts in eMarketing

Unsubscribes and fonts in eMarketing

Despite looking on the community forum I can't find an answer to my queries:

1. If someone UNSUBSCRIBES to an email I've sent out through Act eMarketing where can I see on that individual record that they've opted out? Does it automatically go to that person's record and check a certain box/field?

When I checked on the 'lookup' - then selected 'Opt-outs' only ONE person was listed in our act database of 100k records as having opted out which is not correct?

2. Other query is about fonts in eMarketing. Currently there are only a few fonts available when I'm creating an email (Arial, courier, Georgia, Sans serif, Tahoma, times roman and verdana). These are when in the STYLES section under FONTS.   If you then go into the email itself and are in the Text edit mode I can see the same list of fonts plus lots saying simply 'undefined' so these may have come from a pre-coded email template.  How do I get rid of these 'undefined' and can you add any new fonts to eMarketing as we use other ones such as Calibir and FS lola to name a few?

Administrator

Re: Unsubscribes and fonts in eMarketing

Hi Ro,

In answer to your questions:

1. There are two fields that are accessible on a Contact record that contain data which is gathered from Act! emarketing. These are:
    • AEM Bounce Back
    • AEM Opt Out
    These can be added to your layout in the Layout Editor by adding a Yes/No Field.
    Act!_2017-05-11_12-51-27.png
    These fields get updated when you click Emarketing > Update Email Campaign History from the Act! toolbar
  2. The "undefined" fonts appearing in the text editor toolbar fonts list is unintentional, and has been reported to the development team as a defect. Only the named fonts listed can be used in templates. Allowing custom fonts could lead to emails appearing in unexpected ways on recipient's email clients which do not have the custom font installed. This is why we limit the available fonts to this standard group.

Thanks Gary.

One final question (for now anyway)

A colleague had an email campaign in the queue to go out then realised there was an error with the email. We didn't know how to recall it as it wouldn't allow us to access the email and delete it.

Administrator

Hi Ro,

Only those emarketing campaigns that have been scheduled to be sent at a future time/date can be cancelled before they are sent. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for more details: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38252

If you choose to send the "send now" option, the send cannot be cancelled. It is also not possible to recall any already sent emails.