Accepted Solution

Unopened emails report

Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
‎10-22-2016 02:30 AM
Administrator

Re: Unopened emails report

[ Edited ]

Currently there is no integrated, one-button solution for looking up these 'no-opens' contacts. This would be a good suggestion for our Share Your Ideas board.

Bronze Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good suggestion Gary and I have submitted this.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Here is my (clumsy) take on it, but how I have been doing it for a while.  My understanding is that v19 will include an option to update campaign histories so hopefully this becomes a relic of the past.  

1. Open group that was used to send campaign, convert to lookup, and export to excel.
  2. Download Overview report from AEM into separate excel workbook
  3. Copy the list of ALL email addresses used to send the campaign and append it to the bottom of the overview report
  4. Use Excel's Find and Remove duplicates feature to remove duplicate emails.
  5. Sort the opens column to find all blanks on top. these are your unopened recipients.
  6. (optional) add a new column to the workbook to label each contact as opened/unopened. you can import this worksheet back into act, using email address as the duplicates criteria, and have it place the custom field into some User 1 or other new field in Act.

It's not pretty, but it works. I recommend adding a custom field called "Mailings" or something similar to every database for tracking a contact's status on if they are opted in, bounced, opt out, do not mail, etc. And I usually track the results within.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com