Do you mean 

Unable to access Drip Marketing Campaign Manager from Act! -UPDATE- Resolved

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Unable to access Drip Marketing Campaign Manager from Act! -UPDATE- Resolved

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

It has been a little while since I have posted something into the Community Forums, but I have hit an issue that I cannot seem to resolve.

I have a client who is using the Swiftpage e-marketing service in Act!  Premium 2011.

They are able to use all normal functions with regards to the Template editor and normal email blasts.  The issue arises when we access the Drip Marketing Tab in Act! and try to view a Campaign, or Open the Campaign Manager.  An internet explorer page will open and try to sign in, and then return that the Swiftpage account password is incorrect, as seen in this screenshot:
Login Failed

Now the interesting thing is I see that it is trying to load the url https://ssa.actemarketing.com/SwiftpageDripMarketing.aspx  

However, if I browse to the Campaign Manager directly from the swiftpageconnect.com website, I can access the Drip Marketing Campaign Manager using the same credentials, but it uses the url https://ssa.actemarketing.com/SpeDripMarketing.aspx  as seen in this screenshot:

Successful Login

I have spoken with Swiftpage Technical Support on this issue several times know, and they have suggested taht the issue is with a cached user password that is incorrect.  I am not sure that this is actually the case, but to be thorough I have followed all troubleshooting advised to me.

Currently I have run through the troubleshooting in the Following Kbases:

KB-ID  36392 - Error: "We cannot access your Swiftpage account at this time please make sure your co...

• I followed all steps except for Option 4 as we do not wish to disable the e-marketing features

KB-ID 27857 - Error: "We cannot access your Swiftpage account at this time – Please make sure your I...

And I also followed these instructions that were supplied to me as well:

How do I troubleshoot browser issues with Swiftpage emarketing in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
Title: How do I troubleshoot browser issues with Swiftpage emarketing in Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Question: How do I troubleshoot browser issues with Swiftpage emarketing in Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Product:
Product Family: Swiftpage
Product: Swiftpage emarketing

Answer:
There are three settings you should modify to troubleshoot browsing issues in Microsoft Internet Explorer

Section I: Compatibility View settings please see Knowledge Answer ID
1. Click Tools menu inside of Internet Explorer

Note: If you do not see the Tools option, press Alt + T on your keyboard

2. Select Compatibility View Settings
3. Under Add this website: you should see your Swiftpage server name it will look something like this (swiftpage7.com)
4. Click the Add button
5. Click Close

Section II: Add Swiftpage server as trusted site:
1. In Microsoft Internet Explorer click Tools > Internet Options
2. Select the Tab titled Security
3. Click the green checkmark Titled “Trusted sites”
4. Click the Sites button
5. Your Swiftpage server name should appear in box Titled “Add this website to the zone:”
6. Uncheck the box “Require server verification (httpsSmiley Happy for all sites in this zone
7. Click Add
8. Click Close

Section III: Browsing history setting
1. In Microsoft Internet Explorer click Tools > Internet Options
2. Select the Tab Titled General
3. Under section Titled Browsing history click Settings button
4. In Section Titled “Check for newer versions of stored pages:” select “Every time I visit the webpage”
5. Click OK
6. Click OK again on Internet Options

Once you have followed all of these steps close all of your open browser windows attempt to use your Swiftpage emarketing account again

I have run through all these steps at different stages, to be sure I have covered it all I ran through them all together in this order,  removed the e-marketing account details as per KB-ID 36392, I have then cleared the Act Preferences as per KB-ID 27857, and reset the Swiftpage preferences  and then followed the steps to update Internet explorer settings, as above.

Only after completing all these steps did I then relaunch act and sign back in with the Swiftpage account, however the problem continues.  I do feel that the account details are most definitely correct as we can still access the Drip Marketing Campaign Manager directly via the website, and it is able to load the current drip marketing Campaigns and display them in act!.

One issue that does come up when I try to delete the Swiftpage preferences via ActDiag is this error message:

ActDiag error

I am not sure if this plays a part in the problem that I am having or not though.

If anyone has some suggestions, that would be appreciated.  If Swiftpage can get involved as well that would be great.

Kind Regards

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jared Dalrymple
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to access Drip Marketing Campaign Manager from Act! -UPDATE- Resolved

Well this resolution is all thanks to Andy.

With further investigation it was definitely the unusual "SmoLiteAPI" error message that was causing a problem as the preferences were not properly being cleared.

I had been trying to use ActDiag v15 to clear the preferences, and was having no luck.

Andy performed the clear on the preferences using ActDiag v14 instead, and this went through without issue, and without the error.

Once the Preferences had properly cleared, the Campaign Manager button now functions as expected.

I have updated the customer this morning, and they are very happy with the outcome.

Many Thanks again to Andy for his time and expertise when dealing with this issue.

Kind Regards

View solution in original post

All Replies
Employee

Re: Unable to access Drip Marketing Campaign Manager from Act!

[ Edited ]

Jared,

The error message you are receiving while trying to delete the preferences is not allowing you to complete the steps of clearing the password from the preferences. This is related to Act! and SQL. I recommend you work with Act! support to clear up this issue so you can complete these steps.

Here is a quick way to test if the Database preferences is causing the problem

1)Create a Test database on customers Machine

2)Connect test database to Customers Swiftpage Emarketing Account

3)Try and access Drip marketing  campaign manager from Act! it should be successful.

I am not the best Act! expert on our team but I think that error message you are getting inside of Actdiag is related to a password issue for SQL. However, I am 100% positive our Act! team can help you resolve that.

please let me know if the test database does not work for you because that means you have an issue I have never seen before and would need further troubleshooting.

Damien will work with our Act! team and have someone follow up with you on the Actdiag error. I think one that is cleared we can properly remove the information from the preferences in Act! and get it to stop passing the incorrect logon information to the drip Campaign manager.

Kind Regards,

Andy wood Swiftpage Support.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to access Drip Marketing Campaign Manager from Act!

Thanks for the follow up Andy,

Here is the process I followed to test in a new Database:

1) I removed the Swiftpage account from the user on the current database as per KB-ID 36392 - Option 2
2) I created a new blank Database Called testDB
3) I signed the swiftpage account in on the emarketing settings on testDB
4) I deleted the history and cache in internet explorer
5) I opened up the emarketing window, went to the Drip Marketing Tab and clicked on the "Campaign Manager" button

Even after following these steps, I am still getting the same "login Failed" screen on the same IP address as before. so this issue is NOT specific to the main database as it happens with a new one as well.

I look forward to seeing what Damien is able to do for us regarding that ActDiag issue.

Cheers

Solution
Accepted by topic author Jared Dalrymple
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to access Drip Marketing Campaign Manager from Act! -UPDATE- Resolved

Well this resolution is all thanks to Andy.

With further investigation it was definitely the unusual "SmoLiteAPI" error message that was causing a problem as the preferences were not properly being cleared.

I had been trying to use ActDiag v15 to clear the preferences, and was having no luck.

Andy performed the clear on the preferences using ActDiag v14 instead, and this went through without issue, and without the error.

Once the Preferences had properly cleared, the Campaign Manager button now functions as expected.

I have updated the customer this morning, and they are very happy with the outcome.

Many Thanks again to Andy for his time and expertise when dealing with this issue.

Kind Regards