Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Swiftpage functions completely missing from Act!

Copper Elite Contributor

Swiftpage functions completely missing from Act!

Hi Everyone,

I am having a bit of a problem with Swiftpage e-marketing at the moment.

I now have 2 Clients who are missing the swiftpage e-marketing icon from the tool bar on contacts, the marketing tab on the contacts view and also the swiftpage e-marketing items in the write menu.

Both Clients have the following Setup

Act! Premium 2013 (one is running Web) v 15.1.108.0

Windows Server 2003 Standard Service Pack 2 32bit OS

I Have followed the directions in the following KBases:

KB ID 25936 - Sage E-Marketing for ACT! Marketing Results Tab and Icons Missing - LINK

KB ID 27857 - Error: "We cannot access your Swiftpage account at this time – Please make sure your Internet connection is active and try again." When Trying to Access Sage E-Marketing for ACT! - LINK

A Brief summary of steps (covered in the above Kbases):

I have double and triple checked that Permissions are set to include "everyone" with "full control" on the following folders:

C:\ACT\Databases\ (the default directory underwhich we put the Act! Database files)

%appdata%\ACT\

C:\Program Files\ACT\

I have tried replacing the plugin with the one from the install files for Act! Premium 2013 - no success

I have tried renaming the DependentDLLS.xml file - no success

I have tried clearing the Preferences Folder and all Preferences*.BAK files from inside %appdata%\ACT\ACT DATA\ and then opened Act! Diagnostic tool and Deleted all preferences on the Keyword "Swiftpage" - no success.

as a further step I tried installing the plugin manager from this KB ID 27128 - LINK

But For some reason this plugin is also not appearing/loading.

I find it very strange that I have two clients with very similar setups that are having the same issue.

Can anyone provide a solution?

Cheers

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Swiftpage functions completely missing from Act!

Hi Everyone,

Just an update to let you know that I replaced the Swiftpage DLLs in the Plugins folder again, and renamed the DependantDLLs file again as well and now it is working again.

Cheers
Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services