Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Swiftpage Emarketing - changing contact fields?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Swiftpage Emarketing - changing contact fields?

Hi everyone,

I've been using Act! emarketing for our email blasts but I'm considering switching over to Switftpage. There is now a pop up window which says that contact fields need to be added to my Act! database in order to use some Swiftpage emarketing features. What are these and is it really necessary to add these? I'm reluctant to change my Act! too much as I'm constantly in sync with another coworker.  

Thanks,

T

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎10-06-2017 09:13 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Swiftpage Emarketing - changing contact fields?

Hi T,
What version of Act! are you using, out of curiosity?
You should go ahead and add the fields as well. Back up your database first. The fields should be added without any issues, and they will sync fine. You should add these fields from the Publisher (Master) database though.

Act! E-Marketing has mail merge fields that can pull info from your Act! database for basic things like [Contact], [Company], [Address 1], etc. If you are missing some of these field names, AEM will check first and then add them for you. Also, AEM adds a custom history/activity types specifically for Emarketing, which is useful for filtering through clutter in the future.

Final thoughts -- stick with Act! E-Marketing as well. That's the newer edition, and it's where all of swiftpage's resources are going into. The swiftpage engage (or sometimes called swiftpage connect, classic swiftpage, swiftpage emarketing, etc) is a fading product that is still alive but has two feet in the grave. AEM is superior.

You'll get AEM on all versions of Act! 16.3 and above, and 500 emails/mo is included for free.
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author TinaA
‎10-06-2017 09:13 AM
Copper Contributor

Hi T,
What version of Act! are you using, out of curiosity?
You should go ahead and add the fields as well. Back up your database first. The fields should be added without any issues, and they will sync fine. You should add these fields from the Publisher (Master) database though.

Act! E-Marketing has mail merge fields that can pull info from your Act! database for basic things like [Contact], [Company], [Address 1], etc. If you are missing some of these field names, AEM will check first and then add them for you. Also, AEM adds a custom history/activity types specifically for Emarketing, which is useful for filtering through clutter in the future.

Final thoughts -- stick with Act! E-Marketing as well. That's the newer edition, and it's where all of swiftpage's resources are going into. The swiftpage engage (or sometimes called swiftpage connect, classic swiftpage, swiftpage emarketing, etc) is a fading product that is still alive but has two feet in the grave. AEM is superior.

You'll get AEM on all versions of Act! 16.3 and above, and 500 emails/mo is included for free.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Employee

Concerning Mail Merge Swiftpage emarketing it only pulls from contact fields and only character based ones.