Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Swiftpage E-Marketing Failing to Connect - speudict.txt

Swiftpage E-Marketing Failing to Connect - speudict.txt

I have been working off and on with Swiftpage during the past couple of months, most recently about two weeks ago with no problem ever connecting.  Yesterday I noted that both my desktop and my laptop displayed the following error when trying to connect:  Access to the path 'c:\\windows\system32\speudict.txt" is denied.

This morning I logged in with no trouble, completing about 90 minutes of work on templates. We closed out and reopened Swiftpage at least a dozen times all am with no problems...  However, just a few minutes ago I closed and attempted to log back in about fifteen minutes later to Swiftpage to complete additional work.  The same error now is displayed again.  We cannot connect to Swiftpage.

This desktop and laptop operate in a Windows domain environment with meticulous IT management as this is an IT company.  Does anyone recoginize this error?  Note, the file path in this error does not match with any existing file on this computer or our laptop, we obviously cannot evaluate any problem with this path as we have no such file to review or diagnose...

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Swiftpage E-Marketing Failing to Connect - speudict.txt

[ Edited ]

Hello VTNet Admin,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, it may be that the UAC function is blocking.  Here is an article with information about this error: KB Article 27680

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ran into this issue myself and here is how I fixed it.

Run a search for speudict.txt.  When I did this I realized that somehow the file was not in the default location C:\windows\system32.  Upon doing a search I found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows.

All I did to resolve the issue was to copy the speudict.txt file from the C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows to the C:\windows\system32 leaving the original speudict.txt file C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows.

Close ACT! and relaunch, log in and your good to go again.

Also, something else to try.  Create a blank text file and name it speudict.txt save it to your drive and then copy it over to the C:\windows\system32 location.

The reason I believe that this may work as well is that upon inspection of the file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows it seems that it doesn't contain any data.  That said creating a blank file and naming it as suggested should work as well.  (Note: not how I resolve my issue.)

Tuned Listener

I am having this problem as well. I signed up for the e marketing service about 6 weeks ago, played with it for a week, then have been out of the office for quite some time.

I am back on this project again, and when I clicked on the icon, it gave me the error message, Access to the path C;\.....\spe..txt is denied.

I looked for the file in the system32 directory, and it wasn't there, so like suggested, I found it in the program files directory, and copied into sys32 folder.

logged out, logged in, now saying can't access. Tried to get the suggestion on the KB article, but that goes to kb.swiftpage, and when I went to act, can't find this kb article. Can anyone help out here. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Just to update, I am the system admin on this computer, full priv, etc. I did find the kb on kb.act.com, which said check permissions. not sure how to change anything when I am admin prv already.

Administrator

Hi jbinbi,

If you have confirmed you have the correct permissions for the files listed in the Knowledgebase article http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27680 then I would suggest giving us a call on 866 873 2006 and speaking with a technician.