Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SwiftPage marketing template - Can only open fully in webbrowser

SwiftPage marketing template - Can only open fully in webbrowser

Hi, I have imported a marketing template into my ACT e-marketing (Swift Page) account .  Once opened by the recipient, the main email can only be viewed in a web browser.  It's missing some of the images unless opened in web browser.  Is there any way we can fix this so that the email can be opened as an email and not in the web browser.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: SwiftPage marketing template - Can only open fully in webbrowser

Hello Suzanne,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It's possible that the recipient's email system (probably Outlook...) is treating the email as possible spam, preventing the images from being loaded.
Does the 'Preview' within Swiftpage display the template correctly? Have you sent this template to other email systems (ex: Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo) to test the results?
Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Super Contributor

Are you using GMail?

I was finding that for longer emails read in GMail it was cutting off the bottom of the email. This is GMail issue.

I was finding it mostly with emails from etsy.com, but I've just checked now, and they seem to be working so perhaps either GMail fixed it or Etsy modified the length of their email. ?

Hi Greg,

The preview of the template in swift page is fine and it is fine when sent to Hotmail but in outlook for instance the main text of the eshot is visible but the background static template is only visible in a web browser. Is there any coding issues ?

Suzanne Marshall 

Platinum Super Contributor

This isn't really a coding issue, as much as it is an email system translation issue. Your template is fine, it's just that Outlook doesn't translate it appropriately.

To get your template to translate correctly in Outlook:
You could certainly try some variations on the template (save it to a test name, so the original is intact). I would start by reducing the size of images, and then the number of images...

The other way is to start with a new template and add to it, testing after a few changes to determine where Outlook is having the issue.
Greg Martin
Sage