Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Spam Check Score - Not sure how to fix

Copper Contributor

Spam Check Score - Not sure how to fix

Sent my e-mail to spamcheck@swiftpage.com, and got it back with a new spam score that I am not sure how to address:

Score

Description

RAW: Message text disguised using base64 encoding

I McGoogled it, but just got a bunch of definitions like this: 

"The message contains text that has been encoded using Base64 content transfer encoding but does not use a character set known to require it. This does not apply to text in the UTF-8 or big5 character sets.

This technique is assumed to be used by spammers as a form of obfuscation, presumably to bypass filters that are not MIME-aware."

OK, but how do I fix it in my template? I used the Swiftpage template creation tool, so no uploading of my own HTML. 

Stacy Roach
Swiftpage Gold Drip Marketing Certified Consultant
San Francisco Bay Area

www.po3inc.com
Email Stacy
Copper Contributor

Re: Spam Check Score - Not sure how to fix

You likely used some sort of characters that swiftpage didn't like. Wingdings and high-level ANSCII characters, somewhere. The tricky part is finding out what they are.

Do you have any copyright symbols, or even something more obscure like custom bullet points on an unordered list? I would advise converting all of these in the source section of the template to be hard HTML codes, which are more widely supported.

If you write your templates in Notepad++, you can highly your code in there and go to Encoding -> Convert to UTF-8 or even Convert to ANSI. 

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Copper Contributor

Geoff - thanks for responding so quickly. I used the basic text options from the Swiftpage editor. No bullets, very simple template. Have already looked at the source, don't see anything unusual.

Stacy Roach
Swiftpage Gold Drip Marketing Certified Consultant
San Francisco Bay Area

www.po3inc.com
Email Stacy
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am pleased to meet you! I am actually Steve though. Smiley Happy

Geoff is my father and I've been working here for about two years on various e-marketing, web dev, and other media tasks for our clients.

If you don't mind, try sending the email as a test email to yourself, then link me to the "View as a Web Page" link generated by the send. Or just send it as a test email to me stephen@twelvethree.com . I'll be glad to check when I have time, if there's anything I can see, though I can't make any promises. 

Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com