Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Server error when using Global Templates

Server error when using Global Templates

Hi there,

I am currently doing an E-Marketing compaign in my job. I have been using an external email service upto this point but have been told to start using ACT for my campaign's, I havent got much knowledge on ACT as i rarely use it, but have been watching the live demo's to get my hands on it.

Since starting the free trial with swift page, i have run into a few errors.

Error 1: When going to global templates or choosing a different template and clicking edit, a server error appears.

I have had no problem upto this point as i have 2 templates that i can edit but when i look for new templates i get errors. Here is the message i get.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error 
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. 

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

I have little to no knowledge on this so any help would be appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Ben 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Server error when using Global Templates

Hello Beng94,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

I'm unable to reproduce the error you are receiving, so I believe it is either an issue with your account or something in your environment. 

Access the account on a computer outside of the office network (ex: home computer).  If it is able to access and use the Global Templates function, look for something in the work environment. 

What internet browser are you using (Ex: Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome...)?  Are you signed directly on the workstation, or using a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services connection? 

Greg Martin
Sage