Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Send email to update preferences - how to do it

Copper Contributor

Send email to update preferences - how to do it

In e marketing are you able for example to send an email as follows:

Send email asking people to update their preferences. So you send an email out asking your database if emails we send are appropriate and to update their email preferences. 

This will be geared around GDPR so the reason we're asking them to do this is because the laws surrounding email communication and data protection are changing, and we hope they will want to keep hearing from us.

We then include a button saying YES I want to stay with you. When this button is selected it then pre-populates a form with their details on which they can update or unsubscribe etc.   Not sure how to do this with e-marketing so appreciate some guidance and couldn't really find anything on the help as far too many subjects.  Is there a SIMPLE user guide out there to help set it up please

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Send email to update preferences - how to do it

[ Edited ]

The kind of interactive form you're describing isn't something that would be possible to embed into an email.

You could create a web form and link to that in your email, this would allow users to enter their email address and 'subscribe' to your emails. All users that enter their information will end up in a 'group 'in your Act database, and you'll be able to manage the sending of data from there.

You can find more info on web forms here:

KB 37906 - How to use the Web forms feature (formerly known as Lead Capture) in Act!

We'll have some documentation and training available for using Act with GDPR soon, hopefully this may help spark a few ideas of how to make compliance easy in your business too.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Jon

Followed this but don't much like it;
1. the user clicks on unsubscribe button and then has to replied to an email. I don't like this when it is done to me, and I don't like imposing it on my clients. (And I don't like Act! software assuming that is how I want to do it.)
2. Act! adds a note "Please Confirm Your Subscription to cc Ltd's Mailing List." Again - didn't ask Act! to sent this. Nor do I want it sent.
Seems to me Act! assumes too much. Bit frustrating.