Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduled Send from Swiftpage not working - Produces Date Time String Error - Error Message Attached

Skilled Commentator

Scheduled Send from Swiftpage not working - Produces Date Time String Error - Error Message Attached

Hi

I have had an ongoing error (6 months or so) trying to send scheduled Emails from Act 2011.

(The problem did not exist at the time of Act 2010)

Swiftpage have 'tried' to tell me its a clock problem or PC timezone problem - but it has never been

(I am in the UK if that helps)

1) Explained properly

2) and adjustments to Date/Time formats or Timezones I have made on my PC (where Act is installed)

have not changed the result.

Posting to the community in case anyone can help.

Regards

Error Message Below

There was a problem sending your Swiftpage Email.

ERROR System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid

DateTime.

at System .DateTimeParse,ParseExact(String s, String format,

DateTimeFormatlnfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles style)

at System .DateTime.ParseExact(String s, String format, IFormatProvider

provider)

at Spe.SDKTrans.SDKTransacton.Process ()

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Scheduled Send from Swiftpage not working - Produces Date Time String Error - Error Message Attached

Hello cjayd34,
That error message sounds similar to one we were experiencing in ACT! 2011. The error was corrected with Service Pack 1. If you do not have this update applied, please do so. Download information is in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2729...

If you already SP1 installed or applying the update does not resolve, it may be an issue with your machine''s date/time settings. Have you tried scheduling the emails using a different computer?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Skilled Commentator

Re: Scheduled Send from Swiftpage not working - Produces Date Time String Error - Error Message Attached

Greg

act 2011 is patched the the latest level.

would you have any pointers on where the PCs date might be wrong.?

being UK based could this be a difference between UK..US date formats.

Regards

Carl

In your Windows regional settings, is your date format "MM/DD/YY" and your time format "hh:mm:ss"? Also, in the Additional Settings, under the Time tab, make sure your AM and PM symbols are "AM" and "PM" (all caps).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Skilled Commentator

[ Edited ]

Greg

Still no luck

The regional settings were changed exactly as indicated.

ie Using the US Date format of MM/DD/YY, changing the time format and checking AM/PM

The same error eventuates

Is anyone else experiencing this issue (especially Act users outside of the USA)

Regards

Carl

Not that I am aware of. Can you try using a different computer to see if you get the same error?

Greig Hollister

Skilled Commentator

Greig

I am without the CD's.

Is there somewhere I can download ACt Pro 2011 to try on another computer.

I will need the UK version of Act.

Cheers

I'll can send you a download link via Private Message in this forum. When installing, just choose UK as your install region. What is the exact version/build you have, including Hot Fix number (from Help > About ACT!)?

Greig Hollister