Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage E-marketing problem

Copper Contributor

Sage E-marketing problem

Upgrade from 2009 Prem to 2011 Prem hotfix 2. Vista Home Premium UAC off.

Swiftpage consistently fails.  After upgrade Swiftpage opened and worked fine until ACT was closed.  Second time Act was launched, upon entering Swiftpage it generates the error “We cannot access your Swiftpage account at this time. Please make sure your internet connection is active and try again.”  Talked to tech support and they suggested deleting the entire Application Data\ACT\ACT Data folder.  Sure enough Swiftpage works the next time ACT is launched but after you close ACT, the next time you launch ACT and try and start Swiftpage, it generates the same error message.  So you close ACT, stop the outlook services, delete the entire preference folder and then you can re-launch ACT and use Swiftpage.  Not very happy since they use Swiftpage daily and it worked fine in ACT 2009.  Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Rich Gehlbach
richgehl@roadrunner.com

Re: Sage E-marketing problem

Hey Rich, Ive sent you an email anyway, but i would like to post that I am also getting the same error message, I am using ACT Pro 2011 on windows XP, was working before upgrade, In fact it is only since reading your post that I put the relationship of error message to the upgrade (as when it started happening we were having difficulties with our server at the time, so I just assumed it was a timeout error in pure form)  but this has been going on for over a month now.  Now with the quick fix, of deleting that folder, is that the one that ACT generates in the My Documents folder?  Also has anyone got a permanent fix for this?  I am quickly falling behind in my subscriber Enewsletters

Employee

If possible, Can you create a new user in your current database4 and link this to your swiftpage account - does this suffer with the same problems as your current user?

Employee

There is a solution to this issue which ACT! support has.  If you contact them they can input your information into a tool they have and fix this for you.  They can be reached at (866) 903-0006.  If you have any problems you can also contact Swiftpage support who can have a Tier 2 technician resolve this in an alternate way.  Swiftpage support can be reached at 877-228-8377 Option 2.  Once this is fixed it will not occur again.

Swiftpage Support Manager

Kassi Johnson

Thank you all for your responses, One interesting thing to note, is I also have this installed on my laptop as a remote database and this is having no problem using the same internet connection that my work PC uses.

Kassi, I also contacted the local company here who installed ACT at work.  They also saw your reply and gave me the phone number for SAGE Australia being 13 SAGE, but when I rang them, they seemed to have no idea and passed the problem back onto the company who Installed, and in addition stating that they do not support 3rd party software-Swiftpage.

The phone numbers you have provided are USA and perhaps a bit inconvenient for me to use, can this be done via email, if so what email adress should I use?

Kind Regards

Michael  

Nickel Contributor

The solution ACT! Technical Support suggested I use, and WAS SUCCESFUL, was to:

1. Close ACT!.

2. Stop "Act.Outlook.*" in Task Manager.

3. Open actdiag v14 (kb 27607).

4. Select the database and then "Reset Database Preferences" from the Action menu.

5. Check "Delete Preferences based on this keyword" and enter "Swiftpage" in the box.

6. Click "OK" and close actdiag v14.

7. Then run %appdata%.

9. Rename the ACT folder.

10. Open ACT! and see if you can access SBISA (I was able to).

NOTE: ACT! said that this is covered in kb 27857 but I could not find this kb.  Maybe I got the wrong number.

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Platinum Elite Contributor

Dan,

Glad to hear the solution worked for you. The article number is correct. Here is the link in case you need to use this solution again: KB Article 27857.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Nickel Contributor

Greg - FYI, when I enter 27857 in the kb search window I get "No matches found". See attached graphic.

Dan Pisano
ACT! Certified Consultant
The Dapian Group, LLC
Platinum Elite Contributor

Looks like you are using the portal Knowledgebase and the the link I provided is for the other one. I will have to make sure that KB is added to the portal. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.