Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage Connected Services Account

Tuned Listener

Sage Connected Services Account

I am using ACT PRO 2013. When I login, I get a window that says "We cannot access your Sage Connected Services Account. Make sure your account information is correct." When I click OK, the login completes.

I don't have a Connected Services Account. How can I stop this window from opening when I login? 

Thanks for your help

Wayne

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage Connected Services Account

Wayne,

Try the steps in the following article to recreate database preferences: KB Article 28457

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Did this work?
Tuned Listener

I haven't taken time to check it yet. I'll let you know. Thanks for following up.

Wayne

Tuned Listener

I tried the solution but that didn't work. So I went to the additional information but couldn't find Program Files to install the Manager Tool. Help

Thanks

[ Edited ]

I am getting this as well and, judging from the lack of results for those who have tried the fix in the article, there's no point in getting my hopes up for a solution.  Is there a real fix for this?  

I've been using ACT for a decade and I always describe it as "A necessary evil".  It does the job better than anything else I've tried but there always seems to be something about it that just isn't quite right.  Always one thing or another going wrong or not working the way it should. 

Tuned Listener

I got a window showing an update available but when I clicked to install the update I got a window that says"You do not have permission to download updates. You must be a Windows Administrator."

I don't lknow how to become a Windows Administrator and besides, I am the only user of the ACT dateabase.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Copper Contributor

wn3545 wrote:

I got a window showing an update available but when I clicked to install the update I got a window that says"You do not have permission to download updates. You must be a Windows Administrator."

I don't lknow how to become a Windows Administrator and besides, I am the only user of the ACT dateabase.

Any ideas?

Thanks

To try running ACT as an administrator, first close ACT!. Then right click on the ACT! icon and choose "Run as Administrator". Windows may give you a popup confirming that you'd like to continue, and you should. If you still see the error, read on.

I've seen and solved this issue several times before. The problem is typically one or a combination of a few issues:

1) Firewall is blocking access to swiftpage

2) Login credentials for Swiftpage are incorrect and need to be reset

3) No internet access (not likely... you're here right now and certainly you'd notice that first)

Every time I see this problem it is something different, and it's always some different way to solve it. Certainly would be nice to get some specific error codes with this message. If you'd like to call me I can see what I can do.

Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Act! Certified Consultants
......Stephen Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
P: 716.837.5727 x104
E: stephen@twelvethree.com
Tuned Listener

When I tried to install the Add-on mnager, the istructions say to click run at the start screen. I am using Windows 8 and don't know how to find Run at the start screen. I searched for appdata but came up with nothing. ???

Thanks

Wayne

Bronze Super Contributor

Wayne,

You could use the keyboard shortcut:

Hold down the Windows key and press 'R'.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org