Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Review E-Mail Recipient List on Sent E-Mail

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Review E-Mail Recipient List on Sent E-Mail

Hello - I'm a new Act! eMarketing user who just took over for the previous marketing manager. Somebody in the company asked me to add a contact to a distribution list for a certain e-mail, but the mailing was scheduled before I started by the previous marketing manager.

I went to the campaign reports, assuming I could find which List the e-mail was sent to there, but on the Overview page for the above mentioned e-mail there is no "List" information. The help dialogue box shows a line that says "List: ____" but I don't have that. Am I missing something? Does this mean the e-mail was sent to individuals, and not a list?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author alexander
‎02-10-2016 09:56 AM
Administrator

Re: Review E-Mail Recipient List on Sent E-Mail

Unfortunately this particular info isn't recorded when the campaign is scheduled. You could cross references your existing groups and check if there are records of the campaigns being sent to all the included contacts.
It could also be the case that the campaign was scheduled for a lookup that occurred ad-hoc just before scheduling the send.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Contributor

Who a campaign is sent to is managed by the ACT client and usually either based on a group or a lookup.  To add someone to a message already sent,you look up the contact in ACT and send the item to the "current contact".  To figure out which lookup or group was used for the original campaign, you can do a search in ACT histories. Either click on the History List button on the right panel, and select EMarketing on the Types option in the middle panel.  You can then do a lookup of contacts found there.  You can also use the search button on the upper right corner to search for a specific campaign.  ACT will right back histories of campaigns so you can go back and see when they were sent.  An example to search for would be this: Emarketing Campaign Scheduled
Subject: (fill in the subject of the email here) Scheduled to send: 2/2/2016 4:56:42 PM  - the date field could be left off because you may not know the exact date to search for.  However, the history list option will show you the title of the Campaign which will lead you in the right direction.

Note there is no way to see this on the web. It is much easier in to do it in ACT anyway.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Patricia - thanks for the reply! I am specifically looking for how to see which GROUP an e-mail was sent to.

For example - we send a quarterly newsletter, and I want to know which Group the previous Marketing manager would send the newsletter to.

Is there a way to see this?

Solution
Accepted by topic author alexander
‎02-10-2016 09:56 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately this particular info isn't recorded when the campaign is scheduled. You could cross references your existing groups and check if there are records of the campaigns being sent to all the included contacts.
It could also be the case that the campaign was scheduled for a lookup that occurred ad-hoc just before scheduling the send.

Yikes - ok. Thanks for the heads up! I'm new in the position and it's the first one I've had that was in an Act! environment so I'm still adjusting.