Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Removing Web Leads From Subscriber List

Copper Contributor

Removing Web Leads From Subscriber List

I have a few people that have subscribed to my newsletter via the sign-up form.  I have since removed a few of them for various reasons but each time I click on "GET LEADS", the same old leads come back again.

Is there a way to scrub the list of these specific users so they don't keep coming back into the subscriber list?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Removing Web Leads From Subscriber List

Hi Jag,

Contacts who have filled in your webform, that do not currently exist in your database, will be re-added to your group each time you click "Get Leads".
Instead of deleting the contact records that you do not want to receive your newsletter, I would suggest using a field to track the status of your contacts, where you would mark them 'inactive' or similar, then add dynamic group criteria to remove these contacts from the group, and therefore stop them from receiving your newsletter.

It is not currently possible to manually edit the master lead webform database that is held on our servers.
Copper Contributor

That's the thing though, these contacts already do exist in the database. Does the system not check for existing contacts whose email address matches what was captured in the web form before adding a new contact? Doesn't seem like it does.
Administrator

It should be matching on existing email addresses. If you don't think this is happening, please double check to make sure, and let us know.
I've posted more detail on preventing duplicates in your other thread. http://community.act.com/t5/E-marketing-with-Act/Prevent-Duplicate-Contacts-When-They-Sign-Up-Via-We...