Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Question About Opting Out of Emails in ACT

Copper Contributor

Question About Opting Out of Emails in ACT

I have the Swift Page addon for ACT which has the nice opt out feature that it keeps track of. But not all of the members of my company have Swift Page, and we do send out plenty of emails from ACT, and not Swift Page. Is there any way to sync that no email function of Swift Page with ACT? As of right now, the only thing I can think of is adding a yes no field "Do not mail" and then setting up all the groups I email from to not email to anyone marked "Do not mail."

Is there any easier way?

Bronze Contributor

Re: Question About Opting Out of Emails in ACT

I think this is a failing of Swiftpage and mentioned it to them a couple of years back to develop to write back to a field inside ACT but I do not believe was every attempted. Can you export the opt out list from Swiftpage? If so you could use a tool called Oakmerge to then merge this list back into ACT and update the no mail field you have created.

Check out Oakmerge at the add-on store www.actaddons.com

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

I can, but we don't have enough people opting (only 10 so far) out right now to warrant dropping $300+ bucks on a program, when I can go in and manually do it. But thanks for the recommendation and I shall keep Oakmerge on my radar in case we start getting too many for it to be feasible to do it manually!

Bronze Contributor

To add a tick field to make your opt outs go to tools define fields and insert a yes/no field type. Don't forget you will also need to add this to the layout.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.