Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Plugin For Word Press Website?

Copper Contributor

Plugin For Word Press Website?

We currently use Word Press to host our website.  Up until now, we have been using Mail Chimp but want to start taking advantage of the built-in functionality within Act to use Swiftpage E-Marketing.

1. Is there a way to export a theme/template using in Mail Chimp over to Swift Page?

2. Is there a plugin for Word Press that allows integration with Swift Page? For example, right now we have a form on our website for people to subscribe to our newsletter that integrates directly with Mail Chimp.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated as we were hoping to make the transition over the next week.

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Plugin For Word Press Website?

Hi Jag,

Is there a particular reason why you are looking to use Swiftpage emarketing over Act emarketing?

In answer to your questions:

1. SPE and AEM both support HTML template imports, so if you can export your MailChimp templates into a usable HTML file, then you can import them.
  2. There's no direct plugin that I'm aware of, but you can use the surveys feature in SPE or the lead capture feature in AEM to create subscription forms to embed into your site, that can update your contacts in Act.

Also, in case you weren't aware, there is a MailChimp add-on available for Act.

Copper Contributor

I didn't even realize there was a difference between Swiftpage Emarketing and Act Emarketing.  I am referring specifically to Act's built-in emarketing tools.  I want to replace the subscription form on my wordpress website with one that ties into Act eMarketing somehow.  

I will take a look at the built-in survey/form in Act but is there a quick-start guide anywhere? Essentially, my form on the website is quite simple, there's a text box for someone to enter their email address, first and last name, and then hit the "Sign Up" button.  This will then send an email through mailchimp to the subscriber to confirm their subscription.  Once they confirm their subscription, they are automatically added to the email distribution list in Mailchimp and I'm notified that I have a new subscriber.

Is there a way to duplicate or mirror this functionality somehow with Act emarketing??

Thanks

Administrator

We have a free video training library for AEM available here.

Check out the Getting Leads video to see the lead capture form in action.

Hi JagStyles - Did you ever switch from MailChimp to act!Emarketing?  I'm actually in the opposite situation.  I'm considering switching from act!emarketing to MailChimp.  The main reason is that there is a Mailchimp Wordpress add-in that will track a person's activity on our website, that just arrived from click through on our email blast.  It puts a cookie on their computer and any time they come back to our website we can see that activity.  

How did your switch go?  Any insights?

Hi Gary,

We have Act! and act!emarketing.  Is there anyway to track an individual's actions on our website after they have been delivered there by clicking a link in our email from act!emarketing?  I'd also like to know when they come back to the website and what they do during that interaction.  Mailchimp can do this with the addition of a Wordpress plugin. (I can't remember the name of it now)

Thanks!

Copper Contributor

We are in fact using Act! Emarketing but primarily just for email newsletters and track interest from people who have opened and clicked on certain links. Once they click there's no additional reporting in terms of how active they are on the website etc. Interesting about Mailchimp. We had decided to use Act! Emarketing because its integrated right in the CRM tool itself.

We are hosting our database through a provider, could we use this Mailchimp WordPress add-in you speak of? Where can I get more information on this? And does it matter if we are using Web Premium or Remote Database via desktop version? Thanks!
Administrator

Hi Chris R,

Act! emarketing does not have features for tracking web traffic after a recipient has clicked on a link in your email.
This would be possible by using Act! emarketing alongside Google Analytics. Preparing your links to be tracked through GA prior to inserting them in your campaign template would allow you to track visitor progress like you describe.