Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Opt back in to Marketing Emails

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Opt back in to Marketing Emails

Please can you send me a private message with your Act emarketing account email address, and the email address of the contact in question.

I'll check with the emarketing team to try and see what's going on.

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Opt back in to Marketing Emails

As an update to anyone else reading this thread:

After some further testing it appears that contacts will remain marked as opted out in Act, even after they have opted back in. However those contacts can still be sent, and will receive any emarketing emails sent to them if they have opted back in. The opt out list that is maintained on the emarketing server is kept up to date as contacts unsubscribe/resubscribe. It just appears that the contacts in Act are not updated to show a resubscribe.

Contacts receiving a campaign email after opting back in, will have a history record added to their contact record regarding "Act! emarketing Results" after running Update Email Campaign History. This way you can ensure that the contacts are still receiving your emails.

I have sent a request to the emarketing Product Management team for this behaviour to be amended, so that the AEM Opt Out field in Act is updated when a contact opts back in.

Additionally, if a contact opts out, then opts back in, then opts out again, this will report as 2 opt outs on the campaign report. You can see more details of this if you click the eye icon on the report:

aemss.png