Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opt back in to Marketing Emails

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Opt back in to Marketing Emails

There seems to be no way for recipients of emails (sent using Act eMarketing) to opt-back into receiving emails once they've unsubscribed. Will this be addressed in an update? Our firm has had several clients opt out of emails only to come back a week later and request to be re-added to receive our marketing emails. There seems to be no feature other than adding a new email address for a recipient....which is not a good option AT ALL. As most companies will not produce a new email for their employees. *fingers-crossed*

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author dimstersf
‎11-09-2015 09:10 AM
Administrator

Re: Opt back in to Marketing Emails

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

I heard somewhere that if the user still has the email that they opted out of they could reopen it and select the optout/unsubscribe again and it would reverse it.

Haven'y been able to prove it but it might work!

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

We can reset the opt-out preference if you can provide a copy of an email from the customer requesting to be re-included in emails.
Please send your request and this proof to software.support@swiftpage.com
Administrator

Further to @dshaw111's suggestion, I've tested and you are given the option to re-subscribe to emails if you click on the unsubscribe link.

See screenshot below:

2015-11-02_15-53-19.png

Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for passing along the email. I believe we will need to adjust the language of our form for signing up for marketing emails. Currently, it just gathers basic information, but doesn't allude to opting back in. Presumably, you organization needs some sort of explicit statement from a user to be re-added to the server list? 

Solution
Accepted by topic author dimstersf
‎11-09-2015 09:10 AM
Administrator

That's correct.

I'm piggybacking on an older thread because I'm having the same issue. We sent out an invitation using the marketing campaign email feature and one of our clients "accidentally" opted out. I had her follow the steps you outlined above to re-subscribe and she said it was successful but when I check my list of opt-outs on ACT, her name and email address still appear on that list. Does that mean that she will still be excluded from any future emarketing campaigns because her name still appears on that list? If so, it is a total waste of her time to bother re-subscribing if it doesn't actually do anything.

Please help.

Administrator

Hi kiki47,

Have you tried running "Update Email Campaign History" from the Emarketing toolbar?
Please let us know if the contact still shows as unsubscribed after this has completed.

Hi Gary. Yes, I've updated it several times. Every other time I update the list shows as having 0 names, then the same 2 names appear.

Even more frustrating, my campaign report says there were 8 opt-outs, but still only the same 2 names are on the list.

capture-20160513-123223.png

Are there any circumstances where it would show more opt-outs than actual unsubscribes?