Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunity Smart Task using Swiftpage E-marketing

Opportunity Smart Task using Swiftpage E-marketing

[ Edited ]

It appears that it is possible in ACT to create Smart Tasks for opportunities that will send e-marketing and drip campaigns through Swiftpage, however when the Smart Task attempts to run, an error message appears.

Does anyone know if this is available?  It seems to me that creating e-marketing and particularly drip campaigns based on opportunities would be a fundamental feature.

I'm currently in the trial for Swiftpage and so far have not found the functionality to be fully developed.  Am I missing something in this connection process?

[Edit: Updated title to match issue.]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Opportunity Smart Task using Swiftpage E-marketing

[ Edited ]

Might help if you include the full version of ACT! (from help | about) and the exact error message you get

[ Edited ]

ACT Premium 2011: 13.1.111.0 HF4

The error message is a pop-up box with no title that in the field says "May only be used on contacts" which happens immediately upon executing the Smart Task. The "Run Smart Task" pop-up is in the background stating "The Smart Task has been successfully started."

There is no information in the title less pop-up to indicate what may only be used with contacts, except that the Swift Page functionality never completes.

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like you're creating the email on the opportunity rather than the contacts

[ Edited ]

I'm using the Smart Task.  The Smart Task is creating the email (supposedly for each contact in the Opportunity).

The goal is to send contacts related to an Opportunity follow emails based on the Stage of the opportunity.  Is there another way to perform this function, other than through the Opportunity?

[ Edited ]

Just wondered if you got any further with solving this as this is exactly what I am trying to set up but having the same pop up error message that you got.

Thanks.