02-01-2012 05:27 PM
I need to do a few things and would like to know if they can be done with act! / emarketing for act.
1. I have certain emails sent to me in a specific form with new Customer data in the email.. Is there a way to setup just these emails to create a new contact when one of these emails come in and map data feilds in the email to match the data fields in Act! ? They would need to auto populate the fields.
2. When Act! is setup to record email between us and a client does it store and record emails sent from us to a contact as well as those sent to us from the customer?
3. I have a vacation rental company. I want to be able to have drip campaign that has links the in the emails that can update the customer status in act! by them clicking the button or link the email.. For example at the Bottom of the email I want to put something like are you still interested in booking one of our properties? with choices like.
1. No I've already booked something else.
2. Yes I'm ready to book but I have more questions.
3. I'm still looking around.and not ready to make a decision yet.
Then when they click the button it will change their status in the Act database..
Does that make sense?
02-02-2012 06:53 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
I believe I understand your questions...
1. Automatically import/add contacts to database from e-mails: Two parts to this question -
1. There isn't a function native to the ACT! program that will automatically perform and import. There are add-ons that may allow for automated import, if the data received is in a viable format (ex: Excel, txt, or csv formats). You can review the ACT! add-ons at: ACT! Add-ons.
2. Using Sage E-marketing, you can create a survey which can be added to e-mails or a website - which once filled out by prospective customers, the results can be synchronized into your ACT! database. You would manually iniate the update of the database, but you wouldn't be working with files types or the import wizard.
2. Recording e-mails: Depending on how you have ACT! setup; if you have it integrated with Outlook it will automatically record e-mails sent by you to a customer. By adding a rule to Outlook, you can have it automatically record e-mails you receive from customers. Here is an article with instructions for creating the Outlook rule: KB Article 23020
3. Updating Status of Customers: This would be something you can do with a Sage E-marketing survey. The survey can be used to add new contacts and update existing contacts. Again, it won't be immediate - you would need to initiate the update.
The Survey update is done by: click on Sage E-marketing icon (or Write > Sage E-marketing > E-mail Marketing option), click on Survey tab, select Update or Add.
02-03-2012 08:19 AM
Gmartin- You rock!!
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer...I REALLY appreciate it.. I just bought the software because of you answring my questions and will sign up for the emarketing..
Just one more followup question.. When you say I would need to intiate the survey results to update the status.. Would that be done in bulk? or would I need to do each record indivually?
In other words.. i get about 200 new customer inquries a day... i will add all of them as oppertunies in Act! automatically..
lets say 50 each day check off a box in the survey that I send that would update their status in ACT!
would just need to go in once a day and click update to update all 50 records? or would I need to go in an idividually update each?
Thanks again for your help.
02-03-2012 09:53 AM
I'm glad to hear that the options listed will work for you! There is a trial period available for Sage E-marketing, so you can give it a test drive.
Applying updates: They will be done in bulk, not individually for each contact.
The caveat to this is: Each survey or email blast will have it's own set of results and the results will be applied individually. For example: If you have 2 surveys and 3 email blasts, and each is receiving responses > you will have to initiate the update process for each survey and blast individually. With this example, if your 200 responses are spread over the 2 surveys and 3 blasts, you would have to initiate the updates 5 times - not 200.
Hopefully that isn't too confusing.
02-04-2012 07:55 AM
Yea.. It's a bit confusing... : )
I'm looking at the emarketing as more of tranacational emails not really newsletter or "Blasts"
I want to setup drip campaigns suring the smart tasks option...
When an email comes into a certain email account it's added as a new oppertunity. About 100 per day come in.
We then setup a series of drip emails 1 email 1 day after account creation, another 4 days after and a last one 7 days after account creating.
We have a status in the sales process.. Say
1. Ready to Book but have more questions
2. Still looking
3. Like the Unit but Price is too high
4. booked elsewhere
At the bottom of each of those emails we send out the the drip campaign I would want to have a
Please help us to serve you better by telling us where you are in the decision-making process of booking this unit .
1. I'm Ready to Book but have more questions
2. I'm Still lookining around at other units
3. We like the unit but price is too high
4. I have booked elsewhere and don't want to get any furth emails regarding this unit.
. this would automatically need to update that guest's act record status when they clicked the answer.
So these emails would be sent as smart tasks not really as an email blast.. Would this work? would I need to click each indivually?
I realize you may not know the answer to this question.
02-06-2012 07:14 AM
Sorry for the confusion. From your description, using a Smart Task to perform the scheduled e-mails (basically Drip Marketing) can certainly be set up: A Smart Task to run every day to look for new contacts, then initiate the next scheduled steps for those contacts.
I believe the key to your situation is that you will need to use a 'survey', that is created within Sage Emarketing. Emails themselves cannot contain the questions for the customer to respond - the email will contain a link to the survey, within the survey will be the actual questions.
- The results of an email being sent out are basically to show who has opened/read/clicked on your email.
- The results of the survey are what you will apply to update your contact information (ex: I'm ready to book...)
Depending on how the emails are initiated, the results of an email (open/clicks...) will be considered individual emails (initiated through Smart Task) or bundled (Drip Marketing through Sage E-marketing). Either way can use the same survey. The Survey results will be bundled, but applying the results will need to be initiated manually - each day.
I hope that helps clear some of the questions... until you actually get into it and attempt to set it up, it will probably remain confusing.