Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need Clarification

Need Clarification

I am new user for Swiftpage and ACT. My swiftpage limit is 6000 emails per day. I have a much bigger database than this. I have to breakdown the database over few days to complete the blast. Right now the breakdown is being done manually and it is quite tedious as my database is growing.

Is there a method in ACT to get this dynamically. I would appreciate if someone can suggest a solution

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Need Clarification

Groups would be the best way. Even if you had to add a field to specify the group the group definition would be dynamic.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

In the Advance Query, do you think it possible to limit the Group count under 6000. If yes, how? Thanks

Not directly. However there are low cost addons that would place a unique sequesnce number in a field in each contact record and that could be used in a query or for dynamic membership in a group. The one I've used was from here.

http://www.exponenciel.com/index.aspx

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

You could use an addon like this to number the records:
http://www.exponenciel.com/actaddons/actaddon.aspx?ID=89

Then create dynamic group at 1-6000, 6001-12000, etc ... creating a new one whenever you hit the next limit
Bronze Contributor

What one of my client does is have a field in their database and they set it to a day of the week.  Then they have groups by day and send out the Monday group on Monday, Tuesday on Tuesday, etc.  Works fine for them.  A little work on remembering to add a day field - but they set the field to required - and it's no cost.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

Bronze Contributor

One other method you could do this is to create some dynamic queries based on either contact name or company name of say:

Company name is less than or equal to D as this will look at the company field and give you all records where the company field start with less than D

If you then add some additional queries of say great than or equal to D and less than or equal to G will than bring in another range.

Don't forget to also include a line for email is not blank

Some experimentation should allow you to build a dynamic query which keeps you below the limits and you can break up the query again if the number goes above it.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks a lot for the great suggestions.

All the best

Jayant